Business - Marketing - 319
- Emphasis on practical, hands-on learning prepares you to excel in your marketing or sales career.
- Study with professors who have worked as marketing professionals and bring their expertise to the classroom.
- Upon completion of a common first semester, you may choose to transfer into second semester of one of the following programs:
Note: An additional requirement based on overall grades may be required to proceed into some programs.
What you'll learn
- How to conduct market research and create marketing strategies for real clients.
- Verbal and written communication skills as you prepare reports and presentations.
- Web marketing strategies and tools.
- Use computer simulation to model an international product launch.
2 academic years (periods of 8 months)
Fast Track - allows students to complete a two-year Diploma program (non co-op) in 16 months. Students will start in January and be in school for four continuous semesters: Winter, Spring/Summer, Fall and Winter. Students will not be off during the summer.
Visit Open House Plus, an on-demand, curated collection of videos, interviews and blogs about our programs, student services and supports! Get answers to your questions, watch video greeting from Deans and faculty, stay up-to-date on virtual events and more.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
2020 - 2021 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
Compulsory Ancillary Fees
Compulsory Program Fees
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$2,107.51||$2,052.24|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$4,159.75|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
- Full Cost Breakdown
2019 - 2020 International Tuition and Fees
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
Total Tuition & Ancillary Fees
Program Compulsory Fees
International Tax Recovery
|Total International Charges Per Semester||$8,329.00||$8,310.00|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$16,639.00|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
Domestic and International student admission requirements
Language Requirements for International Students:
- See below for accepted equivalents for Grade 12 English:
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English. Options are available for mature applicants.
How you’ll gain skills
- Working in student teams with real clients in Mohawk’s learning lab, The Agency, Mohawk’s student-run marketing and advertising agency.
- Case study analysis, role playing and online simulations.
- Hands-on lab scenarios.
The Agency is an experiential learning facility operating within the McKeil School of Business at Mohawk College. Students from a variety of programs including Advertising, Public Relations, Marketing, Graphics and Broadcast Media collaborate in developing real world marketing and communications solutions for selected non-profit organizations and start-up companies in the greater Hamilton area.
All projects with our client/partners are integrated into the curriculum and students are marked on what they do. They work under close faculty supervision as they develop effective marketing communications solutions relevant to meeting clear client objectives.
Mohawk offers a diverse range of programs to further your studies**: Students that graduate from any of the following Ontario College Diploma and Ontario College Advanced Diploma programs are eligible to enroll into semester 2 of the Business - Marketing program:
- Business - Accounting
- Business Administration
- Business (General)
- Business Administration - Human Resources
- Business - Marketing
- Business Administration - Marketing
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business - Financial Services
Graduates from the Business - Marketing program are eligible to enroll into the following Ontario College Advanced Diploma and Ontario College Graduate Certificate programs:
- Advertising and Marketing Communications Management
- Business Administration - Marketing (Enter Semester 5)
- Accessible Media Production
- Analytics for Business Decision Making
- Global Business Management
- International Business Management
- Public Relations
- Supply Chain Management
- Earn a degree:
- Athabasca University - Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Human Resources and Labour Relations, Bachelor of Management
- Davenport University - Bachelor of Business Administration
- Griffith University - Bachelor of Business
- Niagara University - Bachelor of Science in Management, Marketing, Economics or Finance
- Robert Gordon University - BA (Hons) Management with Marketing, BA (Hons) International Business Management, BA (Hons) Events Management, BA (Hons) Fashion Management, BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management, BA (Hons) International Tourism Management, BA (Hons) Media, BA (Hons) Public Relations
- Visit Pathways and Credit Transfer for degree completion opportunities outside of Ontario.
- See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
View our internal pathways map PDF. This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Your future career options
- Marketing Program Coordinator
- Merchandising Manager
- Territory Manager and Inside Sales Representative
- Product Analyst and Planner
- Social Media Program Coordinator
- Buyer and Purchasing Agent
Customer Service Representative
Where you could work includes:
- Consumer and Durable Goods Manufacturing and Marketing
- Banking, Insurance and Financial Services
- Real Estate
- Not-for-Profit Organizations and Fundraising
Opportunities for grads
- Progress towards the Certified Sales Professional (CSP) designation from the Canadian Professional Sales Association (CPSA) after incorporating two years of relevant sales experience with academic training. For more information, visit Canadian Professional Sales Association.
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Haven’t applied yet and have questions?
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541
Do you have a project for our students?
If you or your organization has a marketing communications project that might be suitable for our students, please apply below. We will respond to you as soon as we can. Please note that we do not accept applications made directly to faculty or program coordinators. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors assist current students to transition to college life, co-creating an academic success plan, advice on course selection, changing programs, or referrals to specialized support services. If you need help applying to Mohawk, contact Admissions (for International Students, please contact International Admissions).