Business Administration - Accounting - 364
- Graduates are well-prepared to serve in a wide range of responsible positions up to and including mid-management levels in business and industry.
- Prime employment opportunities include service with accounting firms and industry, in the cost and financial accounting areas of business.
- The program offers transferability options to degree granting institutions where students can work toward their Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Learn from faculty with professional designations including members of the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) of Ontario who bring their real-life experiences to the classroom
- Opportunities to work on client projects that are focused on budgeting and cost management.
What you'll learn
- Students will gain theoretical training and practical experience in accounting procedures and systems to prepare students for careers in accounting.
- An introduction to business management techniques such as strategic planning, project management and professional ethics.
- A focus on different software needed in industry such as Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks, and tax software.
3 academic years (periods of 8 months)
Fast Track - allows students to complete a three-year Advanced Diploma program in 6 semesters. Students will start in January and be in school for six semesters: Winter, Spring/Summer, Fall, Winter, Fall and Winter. Students will not be off during the first summer.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Take a virtual campus tour
Explore Mohawk College from the comfort of home! Our virtual campus tours provide a guided visit of our buildings, labs, services, classrooms and athletic and recreation centre.
Learn about program delivery terms.
Domestic and International student admission requirements
Language Requirements for Applicants with English as a Second Language
- See below for accepted equivalents for Grade 12 English:
- Successful completion of the GAS-English for Academic Purposes (478 or 278) program
- TOEFL minimum score of 550 (80 Internet based)
- or IELTS Academic minimum score of 6.0 overall with no band less than 5.5
- More information about acceptable certificates, can be found on the International Admission Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English.
Tuition and Fees
2023 - 2024 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Compulsory Ancillary Fees||$864.60||$758.46|
|Compulsory Program Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$2,218.64||$2,112.50|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$4,331.14|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
- Full Cost Breakdown
2023 - 2024 International Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Total Tuition & Ancillary Fee||$8,355.00||$8,355.00|
|Program Compulsory Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|International Tax Recovery||$450.00||$375.00|
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$8,805.00||$8,730.00|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$17,535.00|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
When it comes to paying for your education, investing in your future can be more affordable than you think. A Mohawk education is one of the most cost-effective means of acquiring the skills and knowledge you need to have a prosperous and rewarding career.
As you start on your chosen career path, it's important to have a realistic set of expectations regarding the expenses associated with attending college. In addition to your tuition fees, you will also need to budget for books, supplies, housing, and other related living expenses. You may be able to supplement your income and savings with scholarships, bursaries, or loans. It pays to do some research into what types of financial assistance you may qualify for.
Available Financial Assistance Resources:
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program - OSAP (domestic students only)
- Working on Campus
- Additional Sources of Funding
- Financial Assistance Home Page
Apply for Awards:
By submitting a Scholarships and Bursaries Application every semester, students have access to over $3 million in Mohawk College scholarships, bursaries and Ministry-partnered funding to help meet their financial needs.
Financial Literacy and Money Coaching:
Whether saving for school, sticking to a budget, or planning for a major purchase, financial literacy affects us all. That's why Mo' Money is committed to helping our students improve their money skills and become more confident with their money.
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Your future career options
- Audit Associate
- Junior Accountant
- Tax Technician
- Accounts Receivable
- Payable Supervisor
- Financial Analyst
Where you could work includes:
- Public, private, Not-for- Profit or small business
Pathways beyond Mohawk
Earn a degree:
- Brock University - Bachelor of Accounting
- Fanshawe College - Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Search the Mohawk Transfer Database for opportunities outside of Ontario.
Earn a certification:
Students can obtain transfer credits towards the AFOA Indigenous Financial Management Certificate. This is the first step towards the CAFM, Certified Aboriginal Financial Manager Designation. Learn more information about the AFOA Indigenous Financial Management Certificate.
Pathways to Mohawk
If you've successfully taken a course at another post-secondary institution, you may be able to earn course exemptions toward your credential here at Mohawk.
Pathways within Mohawk
If you have successfully completed one of the following programs at Mohawk, you may be eligible to receive transfer credit in this program.
- Business - Financial Services
- Business (General)
- Business - Marketing
- Business Administration
- Business Administration - Human Resources
- Business Administration - Marketing
We offer a diverse range of programs to further your studies within Mohawk following completion of this program. *
- Analytics for Business Decision Making
- Business Analysis
- Global Business Management (International Only)
- Human Resources Management
- International Business Management
- Public Relations
- Supply Chain Management
This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Haven’t applied yet and have questions?
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541