Business Administration - 632
Business Administration is a three-year Ontario College Advanced Diploma program offered at Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
Students in Mohawk's Business Administration program will prepare for staff and entry level management positions in varied business career paths, and develop a comprehensive understanding of today’s global marketplace.
Fast Track - allows students to complete a three-year Advanced Diploma program in 6 semesters. Students will start in January and be in school for six semesters: Winter, Spring/Summer, Fall, Winter, Fall and Winter. Students will not be off during the first summer.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of today’s global marketplace
- Learn current business computer applications that enhance marketability in an ever-changing business environment
- Focus on building leadership capability and technical competence
- Learn to think and act strategically
- Prepare for staff and entry level management positions in varied business career paths
- Upon completion of a common first semester, students can choose to transfer into second semester of one of the following programs:
Minimum requirements for admission to the Business Administration Diploma program
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Grade 11 Mathematics, C, M or U level or equivalent (M or U level recommended)
Note: An additional requirement based on overall grades may be required to proceed into some of these programs.
Contact Admissions for options that are available for mature applicants.
Don't have the necessary requirements?
Additional or Technical Recommendations
Students graduating from this program will have met the academic requirements for the Certified in Management (C.I.M.) and Professional Manager (P.Mgr.) designations.
The Business Administration Advanced Diploma program can lead to exciting career opportunities
Business administration careers may involve the following:
Industries of Employment:
- Professional Business Services
- Financial and Credit Services
- Manufacturing and Technical Services
- Government Services
- Information Services
- Retail Trade Managers
- Team Leaders/Project Coordination
- Sales and Account Managers
- Purchasing and Operations Managers
- Small Business Management
- Accounting and Office Administration
- Project Management
For degree transfer/completion opportunities, visit Pathways and Credit Transfer
Graduates of Mohawk's Business Administration Advanced Diploma with a weighted grade point average (GPA) of 77% (B+) are eligible to apply for the McMaster Bachelor of Commerce through the DeGroote School of Business. Completion of MDM4U, MHF4U, MCV4U, or recognized equivalents, is required. Eligible graduates will receive 60 credits towards the degree and must complete an additional 60 credits as specified by McMaster.
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Discover what our students are saying!