Global Business Management (International Only) - 967
This comprehensive 2-year post-graduate program will prepare you for a wide variety of business management careers. Learning from experienced international business professionals you will gain a critical understanding of the important elements of supporting a global business while gaining a cultural orientation to Canada and the communication skills necessary to be effective in a global business setting.
The program will expose you to foundational international and Canadian business practices and help you strengthen your English communication, math, and statistical skills, within your first year of studies. Advanced international business practices will be covered in your second year, including Supply Chain, Marketing, Sales and Negotiation, E-Commerce, Finance, Business Analytics and Project Management, leading you to the development of an international business capstone project.
- Advance your global business, language, and cross-cultural competency skills needed to launch a successful international management career.
- Apply your learning through experiential learning opportunities with online decision-making simulations, role-plays, and case analyses.
- Benefit from entrepreneurial perspectives and insights from leading industry professionals.
- Mohawk College is located in Hamilton, Ontario, amid the Toronto- Waterloo Innovation Corridor, home to more than 15,000 technology companies and thousands of start-ups that require talented people to help them turn their research strength into global commercial success.
What you'll learn
- Use industry-standard tools and techniques to transform raw data into meaningful information to support business decision-making.
- Research potential business opportunities with an understanding of cultural, financial, legal, and distribution issues.
- Take your business strategy global by understanding customer needs and gathering business requirements.
- Identify the risks and financial rewards of different international investment alternatives.
- Create strategies and business plans to develop and support the global business presence of a company.
- Develop B2B sales and negotiation skills as well as a personal brand to launch a successful professional career in Canada or abroad.
Visit Open House Plus, an on-demand, curated collection of videos, interviews and blogs about our programs, student services and supports! Get answers to your questions, watch video greeting from Deans and faculty, stay up-to-date on virtual events and more.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
2020 - 2021 International Tuition and Fees
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Total Tuition & Ancillary Fee||$8,376.00||$8,432.00|
|Program Compulsory Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|International Tax Recovery||$450.00||$375.00|
|Total International Per Semester||$8,826.00||$8,807.00|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$17,633.00|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
- Postsecondary college or university diploma/degree, preferably in a Business Program
- Equivalent work experience in a business or financial setting will be considered on an individual basis
- This is a BYOD (Bring your own device) program where you will learn applicable software applications to support your learning. Please see Laptop Requirements under Additional Information.
Language Requirements for International Students:
- See below for accepted equivalents for Grade 12 English:
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English. Options are available for mature applicants.
- Mohawk offers a diverse range of programs to further your studies**: Students that graduate from any of the following Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma and Ontario College Graduate Certificate programs are eligible to enroll into the Global Business Management (International Only) program:
- Business - Accounting
- Business - Financial Services
- Business - Marketing
- Business (General)
- Business Administration
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Human Resources
- International Business Management
Graduates from the Global Business Management (International Only) program are eligible to enroll into the following Ontario College Graduate Certificate Programs:
- Visit Pathways and Credit Transfer for degree completion opportunities outside of Ontario.
- See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Practical elements of career planning will be covered in this program. Many students will be seeking jobs to support their goals as they plan for employment after graduation. If immigration is an objective, it is important that a student understands Express Entry protocol along with the rules and regulations that highlight qualifying employment opportunities. We suggest you check the Canadian Citizenship & Immigration website (opens new window) for the information you need. Later you may want to contact a registered Canadian Immigration Consultant for advice.
Use our Career Tools to identify a career that fits your interest.
View our internal pathways map PDF. This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Your future career options
- International Management Trainee
- International Account Representative
- International Market Research Analyst
- Junior Product Manager
- Product Manager
- Brand Manager
- Product Marketing Manager
- International Product Manager
- Management Consultant
- Business Development Executives
- Sales Representatives
- Financial Analyst
- Marketing Analyst
- Operations Manager
- Transportation Manager
- Customs Broker
- Customs Broker Analyst
- Purchasing Agent
Where you could work includes:
- Mohawk College is located in Hamilton, Ontario, amid the Toronto-Waterloo Innovation Corridor, home to more than 15,000 tech companies and thousands of start-ups that require talented people to help them turn their research strength into global commercial success.
- Other common employers include:
- Tech Industry
- Sports and Entertainment
- Management consultancies
- Transportation and Trade Industries
- Government entities that assist International Trade
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Bring-Your-Own-Device Suggested Specifications
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors assist current students to transition to college life, co-creating an academic success plan, advice on course selection, changing programs, or referrals to specialized support services. If you need help applying to Mohawk, contact Admissions (for International Students, please contact International Admissions).