Human Resources Management - 113
- Seven-week, full-time work placement provides you with valuable hands on-experience working in a human resources department in municipal governments, hospitals, not-for-profit organizations, manufacturing firms and in the service sector.
What you'll learn
- Theoretical and practical knowledge and skills required to become a successful human resources management practitioner in the areas of recruitment, training, performance management, compensation, health and safety and labour relations.
1 academic year (period of 10 months)
View the Exceptions Calendar for start dates and semester break information.
New! Interested in studying two, 1 year programs? Now you can apply once and be admitted into the two programs of your choice. Available for international students only, more information can found on the International Twinning page.
Explore our many videos, online resources and program options within the Open House Plus website.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
2021 - 2022 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Compulsory Ancillary Fees||$781.08||$712.05|
|Compulsory Program Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$2,851.99||$2,782.96|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$5,634.95|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
- Full Cost Breakdown
2021 - 2022 International Tuition and Fees
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Total Tuition & Ancillary Fee||$8,600.00||$8,600.00|
|Program Compulsory Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|International Tax Recovery||$450.00||$375.00|
|Total International Charges Per Semester||$9,050.00||$8,975.00|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$18,025.00|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
Domestic and International student admission requirements
- A university degree or three year College diploma
- Eligible applicants will be selected on the basis of the following selection criteria:
- Previous academic achievement
- Demonstrated experience
- Postsecondary transcripts, indicating courses completed to date, must be submitted at the time of application
- Applicants will be requested to submit a detailed resume and cover letter to illustrate their suitability for a career in Human Resources Management
- Proof of English proficiency for applicants where English is not their first language must be submitted to Ontario Colleges
Interested individuals who have applied to Ontario Colleges (opens new window) should submit a resume and covering letter via e-mail to the Admissions Officer, Casandra Saiciuc at casandra.saiciuc [at] mohawkcollege.ca.
In the subject line of the e-mail, please state - Program 113 Application and Ontario Colleges Number. Also include your Ontario Colleges number in the Covering Letter.
Your resume and covering letter should include:
- An explanation of why you are interested in pursuing a career in Human Resources
- A list of any relevant courses you have taken at the undergraduate level eg. Business, Labour Studies, Economics, Organizational Behaviour etc.
- A list of accomplishments that demonstrate that you would be a strong candidate to work in the field of Human Resources.
Language Requirements for International Students:
- IELTS overall band of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0
- TOEFL iBT 88
- CAEL 70, no sub-test band score less than 60
- PTE Academic 58
- Mohawk College English Language Test (Accuplacer: Assessment for Success) aligned with CAEL Band
- Completion of level 8 of the General Arts and Science - English for Academic Purposes (GAS-EAP). Placement in the GAS-EAP program is determined by scores on an in-house English language test or TOEFL or IELTS
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English. Options are available for mature applicants.
This is a BYOD (Bring your own device) program where you will learn applicable software applications to support your learning. Please see Laptop Requirements under Additional Information.
How you'll gain skills
- Experience interactive HR simulations that utilize newly acquired knowledge in practical and applied frameworks.
The placement component of the HR program is a vital aspect of your Program of Studies, and provides you with valuable hands on experience working in a Human Resources department. The unpaid placement involves full-time hours for 7 weeks. Previous students have been placed with municipal governments, hospitals, not-for-profit organizations, manufacturing firms (union and non-union) and in the service sector.
Mohawk offers a diverse range of programs to further your studies. Students that graduate from any of the following Ontario College Advanced Diploma and Ontario College Graduate Certificate programs are eligible to enroll into the Human Resources Management program:
- Advertising & Marketing Communications Management
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Marketing
- Business Administration
- International Business Management
- Earn a degree:
- Robert Gordon University - MSc Human Resource Management
- Visit Pathways and Credit Transfer for degree completion opportunities outside of Ontario.
- See ONTransfer for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
View our internal pathways map PDF. This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Your future career options
- Human Resources Generalist
- Training and Development Specialist
- Compensation and Benefits Administrator
- Labour Relations Assistant
- Health and Safety Assistant
- Human Resources Management Entry-Level Positions
Where you could work includes:
- Municipalities, Hospitals, School Boards, Provincial and Federal Government Agencies
- Manufacturing, Retail and Service Sectors
- Consulting Firms and Placement Agencies
Opportunities for grads
- Courses in this program include the nine courses required by the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA) to obtain the Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation. The CHRP designation is awarded to individuals who are members of HRPA of Ontario, have completed the nine required courses (minimum average of 70% with no course grade below 65%), passed the Comprehensive Knowledge Exam 1 (CKE1), passed the CHRP Employment Law Exam and successfully completed the Job Ready Program.
- For information on the HR designations (CHRP, CHRL and CHRE), offered through HRPA, visit the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA) website.
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Bring-Your-Own-Device Suggested Specifications
Human Resources Professionals Association
The Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA) grants the Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation. Visit Human Resources Professionals Association (opens new window).
Courses in this program include the nine courses required by the Human Resources Professional Association to obtain the Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation. The CHRP designation is awarded to individuals who are members of the Human Resources Professional Association of Ontario, have completed the nine required courses (minimum average of 70% with no course grade below 65%), passed the Comprehensive Knowledge Exam (CKE1), passed the CHRP Employment Law Exam and successfully completed the Job Ready Program.
Effective October 2014 a University degree is no longer required for the CHRP designation. Graduates of the Mohawk College Human Resources Management Graduate program who have a university degree will be eligible to pursue the CHRL (Certified Human Resources Leader) designation. For information on the two HR designations (CHRP, CHRL), offered through the Human Resources Professional Association, visit Human Resources Professionals Association (opens new window).
Izabela Spagnuolo – Mohawk College Human Resources Management Graduate
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Haven’t applied yet and have questions?
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors assist current students to transition to college life, co-creating an academic success plan, advice on course selection, changing programs, or referrals to specialized support services. If you need help applying to Mohawk, contact Admissions (for International Students, please contact International Admissions).