Prior to teaching, Mary worked in Financial Services for over 20 years working her way up from a Teller (Service Representative) to Branch Manager of an IIROC registered full service brokerage and financial planning branch in the credit union system.
She has an MBA specializing in Accounting from McMaster University and Bachelor of Business Administration from Wilfrid Laurier University.
She is also a CFP and CPA, CGA and holds numerous designations from the Financial Services Industry.
She has also been heavily involved in the industry and her community holding various leadership positions:
- Canadian Institute of Financial Planners (CIFP)
- Chair of Financial Planning Practitioners Guide (FPPG) Committee
- Retirement Institute, Board of Regents
- Family & Children’s Services Niagara former Board Member
- Member of the Rotary Club of Welland
- Family & Children’s Services (FACs) Niagara Foundation, former President and Board Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Niagara, former President of the Board of Directors
- 2010 Winner of Welland Pelham Chamber of Commerce Volunteer of the Year Award
- 2012 Recipient of the Paul Harris Fellowship Award from Rotary International