Future Ready. Faster.
Mohawk College's wide selection of micro-credentials offers flexible learning experiences that will give you focused, in-demand skills to enhance your career.
Explore Mohawk College Micro-credentials
Learn about Mohawk College’s micro-credentials
Micro-credentials are courses or combinations of courses that are shorter in duration compared to a full-time or part-time program. Micro-credential content focuses on the in-demand skills and knowledge employers are looking for now. Micro-credentials are typically delivered in 11 weeks or less.
There are two types of micro-credentials at Mohawk:
- Individual Micro-credential - successful completion of competencies/modules driven by industry or labour market need
- Stacked Micro-credential - successful completion of a series of individual micro-credentials based on industry need
Mohawk College’s unique blend of micro-credentials meet learners where they are in their educational or professional journey, including:
- Gaining new skills to get ready to work faster
- Enhancing existing skills to progress and upskill in your current field
- Trying out an area of interest to learn something new
- Providing educational pathways
Micro-credentials can also help employers upskilling their staff with targeted training.
- Accelerate your skills faster with employer-recognized learning in less time than a traditional postsecondary program
- Build on your existing education with targeted, in-demand skills to help you advance in your career
- Experience high-quality content developed with local industry and employers and delivered by industry-leading professionals,
- Earn digital badges from a trusted institution and display them on LinkedIn, social media, a digital passport or your resumé to signal your demonstrated competencies
- Learn when and where you choose in an online, flexible environment
5 reasons to take a micro-credential
Whether you’re an employer, an employee, or someone who’s looking for a job, there is one word everyone would use to describe the working world right now: competitive.
A micro-credential can help to refresh and strengthen your skillset to help to give you the edge you've been looking for.5 reasons to take a micro-credential
Learners who complete a Mohawk micro-credential will be awarded a digital badge that provides evidence of achievement in a specific competency. The completion of stacked micro-credentials at Mohawk leads to a Milestone badge that provides evidence of achievement of a collection of competencies. All digital badges issued by Mohawk are easily shareable.
- Earn a digital badge when you complete each micro-credential.
- Earn a milestone badge when you complete a stack of micro-credentials. Some micro-credentials are stackable, and can be combined to lead to a larger, clustered credential represented by a Milestone badge.
- Share badges on LinkedIn and other social media platforms to enhance your profile in job search.
Students enrolled in an Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) approved micro-credentials at Mohawk College can apply for financial assistance through OSAP. Learn more about OSAP for Micro-credential Courses, including eligibility and the application process, on the Financial Assistance website.
Mohawk College offers a broad selection of micro-credentials targeted to many careers and industries, including healthcare, technology and business.
Mohawk micro-credentials are aligned with eCampusOntario Micro-credential Principles and Framework.
Have questions? Contact us to learn more about Mohawk College’s micro-credentials at firstname.lastname@example.org.