Mohawk College is committed to the provision of a safe and secure learning and working environment for all students, staff and visitors.
The Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Department provides a wide range of professional and technical services to achieve this by promoting and supporting health and safety activities to all levels of the college to help supervisors and employees fulfill their obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
Services provided by the OHS Department include:
- Promote safe work practices
- Advise workplace parties on health and safety requirements
- Support college Joint Health and Safety Committees
- Interpret OHS Act and Regulations
- Conduct accident/incident investigations
- Support WSIB related return to work accommodations
- Deliver and coordinate occupational health and safety training
- Conduct ergonomic assessments
- Conduct occupational hygiene monitoring (asbestos, noise, chemicals, indoor air quality etc…)
- Investigate safety-related concerns
- Coordinate hazardous waste disposal