Get Involved - Student Leader Panel!
Meet our panel of upper year Student Leaders in various programs. Discover what opportunities await you on campus! Find out how you can get involved with some amazing programs. We will even show you how to document your participation on your Co-Curricular Record!
Getting Started with Campus Technology
An introduction to key technology you will be using at Mohawk:
- MohawkID – learn how to use your MohawkID (9-digit student number) to log on to college computers or connect to on-line services.
- MyMohawk – explore the most popular features of MyMohawk, the college portal.
- eLearn – navigate eLearn, Mohawk's learning management system and customize your settings.
- Office 365 – get organized with Office 365, a free suite of online tools and download able software. Access your Mohawk email, set up your One Drive account and learn more about free Office 2016 software.
- MohawkAPPS – discover a new service used to access software applications on college computers, personal laptops on campus, and some software from home.
International Student Fair & Orientation
Are you an international student? Come learn about international student services, awards & scholarships, health insurance, working part-time, permits and workshops. Get to know the staff that it is here to help you through your education.
Academic Skills - Accessible Learning Services Presentation
Want to learn how to keep yourself organized with school and life? We can help! Come to this session and learn time management and study skills strategies to help you to be successful as you begin your new role as a college student.
Financing Your Education
Learn about OSAP and the various government sponsored grants and loans available to help you finance your education. Discover scholarship and bursary opportunities available
through the Mohawk College Awards Office. Find out the secrets of submitting an award application and compelling letter that no award selection committee can resist!
Student Success Advising
You’ve got questions, and we’ve got answers. In this session, you will meet the Student Success Advising Team, who will provide you with important information and resources to prepare you for your journey at Mohawk College. Learn about your academic plan and the people who are available to support you along the way.
Be Well Do Well
This presentation will provide you with an opportunity to learn different strategies that are geared towards supporting your well-being as you navigate through your journey at Mohawk College.
Mature Student Meet & Mingle
Stop by the Learning Support Centre’s Mature Student Meet & Mingle to learn about key campus resources, ask questions about the mature student experience, and meet other mature students.