You can improve your English, learn Canadian culture and increase your confidence while getting ready for college or the workplace with Mohawk's free Programs for Newcomers.
Important information: Please note that as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic, the programs listed below are delivered in an online format.
Join us for an information session to learn how our programs can support you!
Tuesday, August 17, from 3-4 pm
Thursday, August 19, from 12-1 pm
During this time of COVID-19 all our programs and courses are delivered in an online format. This means that you will be managing technology. You will need to have access to:
- A high-speed internet connection.
- A computer or laptop with a camera, microphone, and sound.
- A comfortable place where you can interact with your classmates and teachers. This will help you to learn better and faster!
- Permanent residents of Canada or protected persons (with Notice of Decision)
- With valid proof of your Canadian Language Benchmark assessment at the required level of the program that you would like to take.
- Don't have proof of CLB assessment? Contact YMCA Immigrant Services to book an appointment to take the assessment. YMCA's phone number is (905) 662-9400 or (905) 526-8452
- The assessment has no cost for permanent residents and protected persons.