You can improve your English, learn Canadian culture and increase your confidence while getting ready for college or the workplace with Mohawk's free Programs for Newcomers.
Important information: Please note that as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic, the programs listed below are delivered in an online format.
Due to the pandemic, our courses are delivered in an online format. This means that you will be managing technology and you will need to have access to the following:
- A computer with a camera, microphone, and sound. We would love to see you and hear your voice during classes.
- A high-speed internet connection
- A comfortable place at home where you can interact with your classmates and teachers. This will help you to learn better and faster!
Who can register in the free Programs for Newcomers?
- Permanent residents of Canada or protected persons (with Notice of Decision)
- With valid proof of your Canadian Language Benchmark assessment at the required level of the program that you would like to take.
- Obtain your proof of Canadian Language Benchmark assessment at: YMCA Immigrant Services, 25 Main Street West, 905-526-8452, or 211 Centennial Parkway North, 905-662-9400. Or visit YMCA's page