You can improve your English, learn Canadian culture and increase your confidence while getting ready for college or the workplace with Mohawk's free Programs for Newcomers.
Important information: Please note that as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic, the programs listed below are delivered in an online format.
During this time of COVID-19 all our programs and courses are delivered in an online format. This means that you will be managing technology. You will need to have access to:
- A high-speed internet connection.
- A computer or laptop with a camera, microphone, and sound.
- A comfortable place where you can interact with your classmates and teachers. This will help you to learn better and faster!
- Permanent residents of Canada or protected persons (with Notice of Decision)
- With valid proof of your Canadian Language Benchmark assessment at the required level of the program that you would like to take.
- Obtain your proof of Canadian Language Benchmark assessment at: YMCA Immigrant Services, 25 Main Street West, 905-526-8452, or 211 Centennial Parkway North, 905-662-9400. Or visit YMCA's page