You can improve your English, learn Canadian culture and increase your confidence while getting ready for college or the workplace with Mohawk's FREE Programs for Newcomers. The programs are funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada and are offered at no cost to permanent residents of Canada and protected persons.
Souhaitez-vous obtenir des services en français? Si oui, cliquez ici
Important information: Please note that as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic, the programs listed below are delivered in an online format.
Join an online info session to learn more about our free programs and services!
- Permanent residents of Canada or protected persons (with Notice of Decision)
- With valid proof of your Canadian Language Benchmark assessment at the required level of the program that you would like to take.
- Don't have proof of CLB assessment? Contact YMCA Immigrant Services to book an appointment to take the assessment. YMCA's phone number is (905) 662-9400 or (905) 526-8452
- The assessment has no cost for permanent residents and protected persons.
During this time of COVID-19 all our programs and courses are delivered in an online format. This means that you will be managing technology. You will need to have access to:
- A high-speed internet connection.
- A computer or laptop with a camera, microphone, and sound.
- A comfortable place where you can interact with your classmates and teachers. This will help you to learn better and faster!
Do you have questions about pathways to academic and career planning in Canada?