There's No Place Like Home... Or Is There?
The same process of elimination that occurs when students are picking their program of choice, should also occur when they are deciding where they would like to live and what situation is ideal in order to meet their goals.
Here are some questions that should be considered before a decision is made:
- What type of environment will contribute to my academic success?
- What do I want to get out of my time at Mohawk?
- What kind of experiences do I need to make my time here worthwhile and meaningful?
- How much debt am I willing to take on while at school?
- At what point does my experience become more important than money?
When assessing housing options, the following criteria can be used to help make the right choice: finances, time and personal considerations.
All these options have attributes that can be helpful and detrimental to a student’s success. Know what you are capable of and pick the option that best meets your needs at the time. Who knows, something you may choose in first year may not be the case in second year!
… Oh the places you’ll go!