Women in Technology & Trades runs many different types of events throughout the year. There are also many other events taking place across the College that are great opportunities to attend.
Events at a Glance:
Wednesday, November 1st - WITT Symposium
Agile: An Industry Gamechanger:
Career agility is vital to thriving in today’s workplace. Being agile will help you communicate effectively, make calculated risks, and be resilient when things don’t go as planned. Our panelists will lend their expertise on how you can use agility to enhance your job readiness. Join our Panelist:
- Jill Mallett - Senior Project Manager, Transportation Planning Development Approvals, City of Hamilton
- Cheryl Young (Alward) - CHRL, Senior Specialist Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Projects| Human Resources, Enbridge
- Gabriela Soraggi - Change Manager, Employee Development Office, Mohawk College
- Linda Rourke - Communications and Digital Content Coordinator, Public Affairs, Mohawk College
6:30 - 8:30 pm Digital Skills Center Fennell EA105
Registration Link - Coming Soon
WiTTConnect Meet-ups are one hour sessions that will give you an opportunity to meet fellow group members and become involved with an inclusive community, while learning more about technology and the trades. Each session will consist of an update of WiTT events and opportunities, a curriculum kit showcase and an activity related to a WiTT field, or career skill.
This event took place on Thursday, February 10th, 2022 and was led by Alumni Relations and WiTT.
The panel was moderated by Kim McCarthy Brooks. The panel consisted of:
- Racheal Inyang
- Ashley Rush
- Emily Stanek
- Valentina Vera
WiTTConnect Tech Talks
WiTTConnect Tech Talks are an opportunity to learn about emerging technology fields from a faculty member or industry partner working in the field.
Virtual Co-Op Panel Event
This event was recorded on Thursday, October 21, 2021.The event featured Amanda Malkiewich, Director of Co-operative Education and Experiential Learning at Mohawk College as the emcee, and five panellists:
- Alice Rende, Mechanical Engineering Technology student and Co-op Work Term at: Kodsi Forensic Engineering
- Emily Zimmerman, Electrical Engineering Technician – Power student and Co-op Work Term at Keltour Controls
- Nesrin Alshawaf, Software Development student and Co-op Work Term at GCAM Solutions
- Nikki Morrison, Electrical Engineering Technology student and Entrepreneurial Co-op Work Term with SURGE at Mohawk College
- Brittany Gaudet, Mechanical Engineering Technology student and Co-op Work Term at StressCrete Group
Mohawk College Events Calendar
To learn more about events across the College, visit the account calendar by clicking here.
RBC Future Launch Program
All of our Women in Technology & Trades initiatives are made possible with the generous support of RBC and the RBC Future Launch Program.
If you would like to receive ongoing communication about events and upcoming opportunities with WITT, connect with us!
For more information on how to participate, please contact MohawkWITT [at] mohawkcollege.ca.
If you are an industry professional and are looking to support WITT, please contact Rebecca Isowa at rebecca.isowa [at] mohawkcollege.ca (subject: WITT%20Industry%20Inquiry)