3D Visualization for the Built Environment
Future Ready. Faster.
Mohawk's wide selection of micro-credentials offer flexible learning experiences that will give you focused, in-demand skills to enhance your career.
The 3D Visualization for the Built Environment Micro-credential will provide individuals with skills development in Building Information Modeling (BIM), 3D Rendering Tools, GIS, Digital Twins and Virtual Reality/3D Printing applications for design, presentation, construction and ongoing operations and maintenance of buildings and spaces.
- Gain a solid understanding of how BIM is applied in each phase of a building’s lifecycle and how all stakeholders need to contribute to BIM
- Recreate existing built form and topography in order to convey the impact of proposed development
- Create 3D models with realistic finishes, complete with lighting and shadow impacts
- Identify how BIM can promote Digital Twins to make future buildings better and more efficient
- Explore methods for team collaboration on projects
- Demonstrate the real-world impact of design by moving from standard 2D layouts and elevations to 3D virtual reality and physical models
What you'll learn
- Learn all about BIM (Building Information Modeling)
- Create and render 2D/3D models which include massing, detailed interiors, shadow analysis of structures, and exporting information for energy analysis
- Build a construction and existing facility twin through an examination of the core components of what a digital twin is
- Operate simple and advanced features of GIS software.
- Use multiple 3D modeling software to create, modify, and Render 3D models for VR viewing and 3D printing.
- Create and convert 3D models from a variety of 2D and 3D data sources
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in finding out more? Sign up for an upcoming Online Information Session!