The following form is for applicants to Mohawk College's 3-year Animation 3D program (373).
The Mohawk College Animation 3D program portfolio assessment is to evaluate that you have the potential aptitude and skills to be successful in this program and related industries.
Only submit your very best work, as we are asking for "quality over quantity". Student success in college requires well developed learning skills, such as: the ability to work independently, participate in a team, good organizational skills, and to develop good work habits and show initiative. It is also an essential requirement to have competent basic computer skills.
1. Two Environment Drawings:
- 1 interior drawing and 1 exterior drawing; one of which needs to be real and the other must be imaginative. (e.g. if you used real for the interior drawing you must use imaginative for the exterior
2. Two Character Drawings:
- 1 real life drawing from a photo
- 1 imaginative - original cartoon or fanta
3. A personal "Creative Statement" that addresses the questions below:
- Why do you want to attend Mohawk College?
- What strengths and skills do you bring with you?
- How do you hope to benefit from attending Mohawk College?
Total: 4 Drawings and 1 Creative Statement
- Each digital file must be identified with your name and a title/description, e.g.:
- The file size of each file should be no larger than 2.5 MB
- For traditional illustration (e.g. paper-based drawings), it is strongly recommended that a good quality scanner is used to produce digital files.
- Use of a digital camera should only be used in a situation where the traditional illustration exceeds the scanners size limitations.
- Check that your photographic documentation or scan is correctly colour-balanced, in focus, and clearly represents the original work.
- Your Creative Statement should be a PDF file, created from a Word or text document.
The quality of your submission will greatly impact the portfolio review and acceptance process.