Apply now. There is a new intake every six weeks!
Turn your international experience into a job opportunity in Canada.
Are you new to Canada?
Integrating into the workforce is one of the most important goals for Canadian newcomers. Workplace Preparation (also known as Enhanced Language Training) is a FREE program offered to qualified newcomers that have considerable background and experience from their country but have not yet worked in their field in Canada.
In the program your will:
- expand your understanding about your profession in Canada.
- build a professional network within your field of interest and gain access to the hidden job market.
- develop strong job search and interview techniques.
- develop effective cover letters and resumes to highlight your skills.
- earn up to five micro-certifications supported by the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce.
- have the opportunity to participate in the Newcomer Mentorship Program.
- Permanent residents of Canada or protected persons (with Notice of Decision) living in Ontario.
- With international education and relevant work experience from their country.
- With current proof of their Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) assessment at level 7 or higher
- To obtain proof of your assessment contact YMCA Immigrant Services at (905) 662-9400 or (905) 526-8452 or visit YMCA's page
Attend an information session to learn more!
Tuesday, March 9, from 12:30-1:30 pm
Wednesday, March 10, from 3:00-4:00 pm
Thursday, March 11, from 9:30-10:30 am
Manoj Lalit credits the Workplace Preparation program at Mohawk College with getting two offers of jobs in his field. Manoj is an Accounts Payable (Finance & Accounting) professional from India with 15 years of experience. He began looking for work when he first arrived in Canada but became discouraged because he didn’t get any responses to his applications. He realized he needed to learn how to look for a job in Canada and that he needed expert guidance. He turned to the Workplace Preparation Program at Mohawk College and says that this program helped him to... Visit the page with the full testimonial