Who are Mohawk Volunteers?
Mohawk Volunteers are a group of committed students who have shown a strong interest and desire to contribute to their Mohawk community. If you:
- Have lots of enthusiasm
- Want to help others
- Want to become more involved
- And love Mohawk College
Then becoming a Mohawk Volunteer is right for you!
As a Mohawk Volunteer, you will be representing Mohawk College on and off the campus. Whether it is assisting new students in adapting to their college life at Mohawk, or joining a Campus to Community outreach team-- Mohawk College volunteers are committed to helping others.
What do Mohawk Volunteers do?
The activities of Mohawk Volunteers may include:
- Welcome Booths
- Fall and Winter Orientation (Day One, Weeks of Welcome, etc.)
- Assist with Special Events
- Join a Campus to Community Outreach Team
- Peer Mentoring
- Much more!
What do you need to become a Mohawk Volunteer?
To be qualified as a Mohawk Volunteer, you are expected to have:
- Enthusiasm for Mohawk
- Strong commitment to the program
- Attend workshops, training sessions and group meetings
- Teamwork skills
- Willingness to meet new people
- Ability to present a positive image of Mohawk
- Availability to volunteer for events throughout the year
What do Mohawk Volunteers gain?
There are many benefits to becoming a Mohawk Volunteer!
Some of the great benefits are:
- Opportunities to meet new people from different programs
- Valuable experiences that can be documented on your Co-Curricular Record
- Invitations to Volunteer Socials
- Public Relation skills
- Communication skills
- Fun training sessions
- Free t-shirt and Mohawk College Swag
- Chances to earn rewards
What should I expect after I apply?
After applying for the Mohawk Volunteer Program, you will receive an email providing you with additional information and resources to help you start volunteering.
How can I volunteer in the community?
For listings of off-campus volunteering within the Greater Hamilton Community follow the links below!
Sign up for one of our Campus to Community outreach teams by emailing claire.webber [at] mohawkcollge.ca
What kind of training do Mohawk Volunteers receive?
All students who begin the Mohawk Volunteer Program are invited to participate in the Student Leadership Development Series. Student have the opportunity to gain greater insight into their leadership potential by developing the skills, attitudes and knowledge bases needed for success as a leader both at and beyond Mohawk College.
Click the link below for more information: