Are you ready to be an entrepreneur?
All that is needed is a business idea and your enthusiasm and commitment.
SURGE is Mohawk's Entrepreneurship hub. SURGE clients can be current full-time, part-time, CE students or alumni. We support technology-based, service-based or skilled-trades based businesses. Many of our clients run their businesses as side-hustles, launching them full-time upon graduation.
- Get free coaching to develop your business idea or expand your current business.
- If you are a creative freelancer, get featured and find clients as part of The Collective.
- Get access to expert advice from our network partners.
- Get free access to the MaRS Entrepreneurship 101 program.
- Get matched to a community or faculty mentor and introductions to the Hamilton Entrepreneurship Community.
- Personalized help to prepare for external pitch competitions such as Lion's Lair, CNE Emerging Innovators Pitch Competition and OCE Discovery Pitch Competitions.
- Support with applications to accelerators and incubators such as The FORGE, DMZ and Communitech SURGE Mentors
SURGE Faculty Mentors
Natalie Reid: Project Coordinator for SURGE
Natalie is the main point person for SURGE, providing mentorship and coaching focusing on business planning. Her specialty focuses on developing sales and marketing strategies for new startups.
Tara Diyner: Program Coordinator for Health, Wellness and Fitness.
Tara has worked with SURGE over the past 3 years, providing guidance to students who focus on building startups within Health, Wellness, Fitness and arts. Tara owns her own small business, and was a nominee for Small Business of the Year Haldimand Norfolk 2018.
Stephen Stunt: Faculty, Entrepreneurship and Global Business Management
(WAITING FOR BIO)
Larry Bitner: Faculty, Business
Larry has 20 years of experience in Advertising, Publishing, and Franchise consulting prior to becoming self employed as a business coach. He challenges our students to think outside the box.