The Award of Excellence is Mohawk's highest honour for recognizing individual employees. Three Awards of Excellence are presented annually to an outstanding faculty member, support staff employee, and administrative staff employee.
Nominations are now open for the 2023 Mohawk Awards of Excellence. Please submit nominations by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 12.
Nominees must meet the following award criteria:
- They have had a positive and verifiable impact on the college and the communities it serves.
- They enhance the image and reputation of their program, department, or the college.
- There is evidence of sustained contribution over an extended period.
- They demonstrate leadership or serve as a role model for others.
- They exemplify the values of the college.
- They help to advance the strategic priorities of the college.
Please avoid submitting nominations that focus on a single project or initiative, or one aspect of a person’s performance. If your nominee does not meet the criteria for an Award of Excellence please consider nominating them for Mohawk Everyday Hero Award.
Historical Award of Excellence Winners
|Year||Individual Winners||Team Winners|
Mary Anne Peters
Elizabeth Fabbroni Martin
|Mohamed Ibrahim and Nityan Khanna
Building and Facilities Services Team
International Education and Partnerships Team
|2014||Dr. Nafia Al-Mutawaly||FRPi Team
|2013||Ron Taylor||International Women's Day Team
"I" Pad Project Team
|Project Pathfinder team|
|2011||Jeremy Dowling||Apps for Health Members|
|Apprenticeship Online Registration Team|
|Course Outline Team|
Nancy Brown Brunton