Email: socialinc [at] mohawkcollege.ca
Established in 2012, Social Inc. is located at all three campuses, providing a safer, respectful and positive space for all students. Social Inc. is grounded in human rights, celebrates and promotes inclusion while working to identify, prevent and eliminate discrimination. With the support of staff and many student volunteers, Social Inc. hosts, facilitates and coordinates events at all campuses in collaboration with other departments including International Student Services, Mohawk Students’ Association, Accessible Learning Services and Student Life. Social Inc. also hosts guest speakers, panel discussions and information exhibits on equity, inclusion and anti-oppression topics such as LGBTQ2S+ rights, dis/ability awareness, addressing racism and gender identity/expression.
Social Inc. services includes:
- Hosting equity, inclusion and human rights activities
- Partnering with student groups and community organizations to support special events
- Supporting social innovation campaigns
- Providing opportunities for student placements and co-op experiences
- Human rights, equity and inclusion learning sessions
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion library
- Supporting Students Groups
Hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 to 4:30, with minor interruptions when events are being held. The room is accessible and we offer this space for students to relax, study, and participate in activities and events.
Information about becoming a recognized student group can be found by accessing the following links:
Recognized student groups can book Social Inc for meetings and events. For more information you can contact us.
|International Women's Day
||March 08, 2019
||March 30, 2019
||April 02, 2019
||April 04, 2019
Stoney Creek Campus
|Day of Pink
||April 10, 2019