MOHAWK COLLEGE RESIDENCE: LIVING ON CAMPUS THIS FALL
Now that Mohawk College has made the decision to offer their programs via a hybrid delivery model this fall, we are ready at Mohawk College Residence to support your learning experience. Whether your classes will physically take place on-campus, or be delivered virtually, we are ready for September move-in, and we have adapted our cleaning measures and implemented physical distancing protocol in our buildings to protect our students and staff.
LIVING ON CAMPUS
Living on-campus is an obvious choice for students who do not live in Hamilton or the surrounding area. For many ﬁrst year students, living in residence is crucial due to the additional supports they may require to assist in their transition from high school to Mohawk College.
Residence is also a great option for students who may not have traditionally considered living on-campus prior to COVID-19. If you ﬁnd you are required to be physically on-campus because of your academic program or if you are a Mohawk Mountaineer student athlete, residence is a great way to eliminate your daily commute.
Please review the Mohawk College 'Campus Re-Opening' page to ensure you are up to date on important campus changes and policies.
We have been collaborating with Mohawk College to adapt residence policies and procedures to proactively protect our residents and staff, while providing a safe and secure living/learning environment.
- Application Process
- Extending the penalty free cancellation policy to August 1st to give students time to consider their options once they learn of their program of study
- Flexibility on payment plan extensions, where appropriate
- Front Desk
- Minimizing physical interactions and in-person meetings
- Residence staff to wear masks
- Protective barrier for safe distancing at the front desk
- Floor markings for safe distancing and directions
- Designated pick up/drop off area for deliveries
- Contractors and 3rd party services required to wear masks
- Keycards disinfected when requiring re-activation
- No cash payments
- Point of sale machine (pinpad) to be sanitized before and after each use
- Visitor privileges in residence currently suspended
- Increased cleaning of high traffic touch points and common areas
- Non-essential spaces
- Reviewing access to lounges and laundry room
- Laundry room - limited machines online at this time to limit number of students in the room and maintain physical distancing
- Less seating to limit gathering in main areas and lobby
- Included throughout the residence, we offer the bandwidth and speed you require for remote learning
SOCIAL COMMUNITY + STUDENT SUPPORT
After a summer of physical distancing and self-isolation, residence offers a safe space for you to connect with fellow Mohawk students. Our Residence Life team is ready to adapt our community model as restrictions continue to be eased to support and encourage your academic and social success.
Traditional residence events such as move-in and orientation will be adjusted to accommodate physical distancing guidelines. In light of this new reality, we are developing new and innovative programs aimed at engaging students and building community, either in smaller groups or delivered through online platforms.
Our Residence Life team will also be collaborating with Mohawk Counselling Services to promote and support the delivery of virtual counselling services.
Residence offers everything you need to make your College experience an enjoyable and safe time. Enjoy the convenience of being steps away from the College and having everything you need at your finger tips.
STEPS FROM CLASS
Located on the Fennell campus, the Residence features 170 fully furnished two-bedroom suites including a TV, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Students pay only for the 8 month academic year and avoid a 12-month lease.
The Front Desk is staffed 24 hours a day providing students with access to Residence staff to help ease transition from home to campus and ensure student success. The building also features swipe card access, 24 hour video monitoring and is patrolled by Mohawk College Security.
Make the most of your College experience and get to know your fellow students - take part in weekly events hosted by the Residence Advisor team or get involved in the many clubs and volunteer committees on campus.
Spots fill up quickly - apply today! Residence offers are e-mailed to students at the beginning of May. Students are encouraged to apply before receiving their Mohawk College acceptance as Residence applications can be cancelled and acceptances can be turned down for a full refund.
We are ready, prepared, and are excited to welcome you to residence in September!
Residence is First-Come, First Serve and typically fills in mid-April. Paper applications are no longer accepted. All applicants must apply through the MyHousing Portal.
Note: The Mohawk Residence is located adjacent to Fennell campus. There are no Mohawk Residences for Stoney Creek or IAHS campuses. Please note where your classes will take place before arranging for housing.
Please review our Residence Rates & FAQ page before applying. If you are ready to apply please set up an account at My Housing Portal and APPLY TODAY!