Are you new to the Mohawk community? New to Hamilton or Stoney Creek area? Are you moving out of residence? Or looking for a new home in the area? Mohawk College provides students with the resources listed below to support your off-campus accommodation search and experience.
If you need additional support understanding these off-campus housing resources, please contact student.life [at] mohawkcollege.ca (subject: Off-Campus%20Housing%20Help) (Student Life). Our staff are always happy to help.
Looking for virtual resources? Have a question?
Mohawk is here for you! Access the Future Ready Toolkit for virtual support this semester.
Looking for housing?
Places4Students.com is a FREE off-campus housing service for students, and members of the Mohawk College community.
Students can register to post a Roommate/Sublet listing here
- Mohawk Financial Assistance
- Renting 101
- 11 Ways to be a Good Neighbour
- Tips to Keep Roommate Harmony
Landlords can register to post rental properties on Places4Students or call toll free: 1-866-766-0767
Mon to Thurs 9am to 7pm / Fri 9am to 5pm
admin [at] places4students.com
Utilities + Safety
Gas + Hydro
Phone + Cable Television + Internet Providers
There are several service provides in the Hamilton area. Students are encouraged to compare rate plans and choose the option that best suits their needs and budget. Popular options may include:
- Bell, Cogeco (Downtown & Ancaster), Netaccess, Rogers, Shaw Direct Hamilton, Source Cable: (Hamilton Mountain)
Fire + Carbon Monoxide Safety
Tenant Resources & Emergency Supports
- City of Hamilton
- Hamilton Tenant Information
- Hamilton Community Legal Clinic
- Find your garbage pick-up day
Paramedics + Ambulance
- Emergency. Dial 911
Hamilton Police Services
- Emergency. Dial 911
- Non Emergency. Dial 905-546-4925
COVID-19 Pandemic Frequently Asked Questions
Can I move to a new off-campus rental during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Yes - There are currently no restrictions placed on moving to a new home or rental unit. Moving companies are an essential service and available to support your move. Be sure to ask about the practices the movers will use to ensure that everyone stays safe.
What do I need to know about moving to Canada from another country?
The Government of Canada has implemented an Emergency Order that requires all individuals entering Canada to self-isolate for 14 days to limit the spread of COVID-19. To learn more please visit the Canadian Public Health website for more information on how to safely prepare for self-idolation.
What precautions should I take when moving into a new rental during COVID-19?
- Talk to your landlord about how they will sanitize the space before you move in.
- Discuss with your housemates as to how you will practice physical distancing during and after the move.
- Disinfect doorknobs and heavily touched areas regularly.
- Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face.
- Stay up to date and follow recommendations put forward by Hamilton Public Health
Please note: The information provided on this page is not associated with Mohawk College. This service is provided for your convenience only and Mohawk College does not accept any liability whatsoever for your participation in any of these services.