How do I know if I need tutoring?
Some signs that you might benefit from tutoring:
- You struggle with coursework.
- You no longer enjoy a course.
- You need support with homework.
- You want someone to help you with practice questions.
- You have anxiety about preparing for exams.
- You benefit from reviewing material with a peer.
- You could improve your writing with a peer consultation.
How much tutoring do I need?
We suggest students try peer tutoring at the start. Book 3 appointments to help you decide!
After you attend your appointments, you will likely know how often you will benefit from meeting with a tutor. If you still are unsure after your trial, you might consider asking your tutor or our front desk staff.
Students are eligible to get the following hours per week (pending the availability of tutors):
4 hours of tutoring for courses
5 hours of writing support
5 hours of math support
1 hour of study skills support
2 hours of ESL support
How should I prepare for my tutoring session?
- Come prepared with questions or practice problems.
- Bring the correct materials to your appointment.
- Have access to the correct technology you might need during your appointment.
- Know what you are struggling with and have some questions prepared.
What do I need to do to be successful with peer tutoring?
Students that are successful with peer tutoring can:
- Schedule and cancel appointments in WC Online.
- Let our staff know if they need help scheduling or cancelling appointments.
- Attend tutoring sessions.
- Prepare for tutoring sessions.
- Communicate with our front desk or tutors if there are any problems.
Can I change or cancel my appointments?
Cancelling or changing an appointment is not a problem.
Please go into WC Online, our tutoring portal, and cancel your appointment.
You can also email our front desk lsc [at] mohawkcollege.ca (lsc[at]mohawkcollege[dot]ca)
How do I get started?
Make a peer tutoring account with WCOnline and book your first appointment
If you need help, connect with us!
- Email our front desk lsc [at] mohawkcollege.ca (lsc[at]mohawkcollege[dot]ca)
- Call 905 575-1212 extension 3279
- Drop by the front desk of the Learning Support Centre, Room C122 Fennell Campus
Visit our video resource page
lsc [at] mohawkcollege.ca (lsc[at]mohawkcollege[dot]ca)
905 575-1212 extension 3279.
Drop by C122, the Learning Support Centre at the Fennell Campus.