Use of LSC services or creating a WC Online account indicates agreement to abide by Learning Support Centre policies.
All tutoring appointments, workshops and activities sponsored by the LSC are safe and inclusive spaces. All tutors and tutees are expected to behave in a courteous and respectful manner.
Resolving Conflict: If a conflict arises during a tutoring appointment, please email LSC [at] mohawkcollege.ca (LSC[at]mohawkcollege[dot]ca) or call 905-575-1212 ext. 3279.
Appointment and Scheduling Policies
Schedule your tutoring appointments on WC Online.
- Students needing assistance scheduling their appointments can email lsc [at] mohawkcollege.ca (lsc[at]mohawkcollege[dot]ca), phone us at (905) 575-3279 or stop by Room C122.
- Attend all scheduled appointments.
- Cancel any appointments that you cannot attend.
(Students may cancel Course Peer Tutoring appointments up to 24 hours before the start of the appointment. Saturday and Sunday appointments are to be cancelled by 4pm the Friday before. Math On-Demand, Writing & Communication and Study Skills appointments can be cancelled up to 30 minutes before the beginning of the appointment.)
- Appointments missed and not cancelled are considered a "No-Show" The LSC will suspend a student's account after 2 "No-Shows."
- Students that arrive 15 minutes past the start of their appointment are considered a no-show.
- Please help us save the tutor's time by checking that you have scheduled your appointment with the correct tutor.
- Except for online appointments, all tutoring activities must occur within the appointed time and on campus.
- Tutors do not prepare for appointments. Students are expected to bring work they would like help with to their appointment.
- Tutors and tutees are expected to abide by all principles of academic integrity during a session.
- Writing tutors provide interactive writing consultations. They cannot compose, edit or re-write assignments.
- All tutoring programs are for Mohawk College academic-related activities only.
- Tutors are students too. They may not know the answer to one of your questions; in this case, you will be directed back to your teacher.
- Appointments are based on tutor availability and are not guaranteed.
- Create a WC Online account to access peer tutoring. You will need a Mohawk email address and a Mohawk Student ID.
Students are permitted one WC Online account that is associated with their Mohawk College email and student number. Creating multiple accounts is not permitted. Please get in touch with lsc [at] mohawkcollege.ca (lsc[at]mohawkcollege[dot]ca) if you are unable to access your account.
- Do not share your WC Online account with other students. Please keep login details private and only create your own appointments.
The Learning Support Centre is here to help. If you need any assistance, please do any of the following:
Email: lsc [at] mohawkcollege.ca (lsc[at]mohawkcollege[dot]ca)
In-Person: Visit room C122 - Fennell Campus.
Students registered with Accessible Learning Services are entitled to additional support with booking their tutoring appointments. Students registered with Accessible Learning Services should email als [at] mohawkcollege.ca (als[at]mohawkcollege[dot]ca) to learn more about scheduling assistance.
When technical issues occur, please contact LSC [at] mohawkcollege.ca (LSC[at]mohawkcollege[dot]ca) . We will work with you to resolve these issues promptly or reschedule your appointment if needed/possible.
Personal Information and Personal Email
- All online tutoring appointments occur on platforms approved by the LSC. These are WC Online and Zoom.
- Tutors are asked not to share their personal/Mohawk email addresses or phone numbers with students.
- To share information with a tutor outside of an appointment setting, please email LSC [at] mohawkcollege.ca (LSC[at]mohawkcollege[dot]ca) or call 905-575-1212 ext. 3279.
- Using Peer Tutoring services or creating a WC Online account indicates an agreement to abide by Learning Support Centre policies.
- Students requiring support abiding by these policies will work with the Learning Support Centre staff to plan for the successful usage of services.
- If students cannot abide by the Learning Support Centre policies, they may have their account suspended or forfeit the use of tutoring services. An Account may be suspended for a short term, a semester or indefinitely.
- Students with suspended accounts need to speak with the Learning Support Centre manager to develop a plan for successful usage.
Questions or Need Help?
- Email: lsc [at] mohawkcollege.ca (lsc[at]mohawkcollege[dot]ca)
- In-person: Visit room C122, Fennell Campus