Dates: July 25 - August 10, 2022 (excluding weekends and civic holiday)
The program has gone through a number of variations in recent years – however, we're happy to announce that Pathfinder will return to in-person programming for summer 2022! Students will stay in our on-campus residence Monday – Friday throughout the program. We’re excited to get back in-person and welcome you this summer!
What is Pathfinder?
Pathfinder is a summer program for Indigenous students meant to de-mystify post-secondary education, and is focused on Indigenous culture, identity, leadership skills, and pathways into post-secondary.
What programming takes place?
In past years, students have gathered at Mohawk College to participate in the land-based learning opportunity and been able to earn a dual credit and/or college credit depending on the time of year and activities. Past activities have included resume and portfolio building, career exploration, guest speakers, offsite trips, overnight excursions, ceremony with Elders and Knowledge Keepers, and college program engagement.
Programming for 2022 (*subject to change)
- Soapstone Carving Workshop
- Medicine Walks
- Elder visits, storytelling
- Traditional healing practices
- Focus on healthy & traditional foods - cooking workshops
- Focus on healthy relationships
- Painting and cultural crafts
- Canoeing / Kayaking on the Grand River
- Overnight off-site cabin excursion
- Off-site trips (Six Nations Tourism, Niagara Falls, local attractions)
- Basic History and Traditional Games
- Giving back to the community
- Ceremony, and more!
Stay tuned for future Virtual Information Sessions:
- No sessions available at this time
If you have any questions about the Summer of 2022 programming, please contact our Indigenous Awareness Programmer, Amanda Aitchison, at amanda.aitchison2 [at] mohawkcollege.ca
Apply to Pathfinder 2022:
Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, Inuit - FMNI) students who would like to register for this program:
- Must not be enrolled in a post-secondary institution
- Can have accepted an offer of admission to Mohawk College or a post-secondary institution
- Can be in transition of changing from one post-secondary institution to Mohawk College or other institution
Students who attended Previous Pathfinder:
You are eligible to attend the Pathfinder 2022 program.
*Session is limited to 20 participants. Students who apply for the program will be notified if they have been accepted to participate in the program. Submitting an application form does not guarantee a spot in the program. Once accepted into the program, participants will receive a link to the registration package. The registration package must be completed prior to the start of the program.
Apply to Pathfinder 2022 *Applications now closed.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS: TUESDAY JUNE 28, 2022
For questions, please contact:
Indigenous Awareness Programmer, amanda.aitchison2 [at] mohawkcollege.ca (Amanda Aitchison)