What is Institutional Research at Mohawk?
Mohawk's Institutional Research Office strives to inform the future readiness of Mohawk College by providing research and analysis that enables the College to anticipate and develop student success programs and strategies.
"We provide the information that helps the College make future ready decisions: it's reliable, predictive, and always student centred."
The field of institutional research supports the planning and decision-making at the institutional, program, and student level to ensure quality, accountability, student success and continuous improvement. This includes:
- Analysis and reporting of the Student, Graduate and Employer Satisfaction Surveys (Key Performance Indicators).
- Competitive analysis of our existing programs to maintain quality, innovation, and sustainability.
- Analysis to ensure new programs are feasible and sustainable in today’s market.
- Gathering and disseminating feedback from students about professors’ teaching.
- Identifying our students' characteristics in order to assist them with their success.
- Locate where our student are coming from to inform marketing and recruitment strategies.
- Custom survey development, administration and analysis for Mohawk staff.
- Student Entrance Survey, Student Feedback on Teaching Survey, Student Engagement Survey, Mohawk's Support Program Survey, etc.
Our staff follows the Canadian Institutional Research and Planning Association's (CIRPA) Code of Ethics (opens new window) that was adopted and adapted from the Code of Ethics of the Association of Institutional Research (AIR).
Check out the Research Ethics Board website.
Our Department's Values
- Advocate transparency, accountability and responsibility.
- Promote and disseminate knowledge, expertise and insight.
- Support academic excellence and student success.
- Ensure confidentiality, privacy and non-discrimination of our data and information.
- Nurture inquiry, curiosity and informed decision-making.
- Foster quality processes, data, and information.
- Embrace collaborative, responsive, and individualistic customer service.
institutional.research [at] mohawkcollege.ca (Email Institutional Research)