We strive to inform the future readiness of Mohawk College by providing research and analysis that enables the College to anticipate and develop student success programs and strategies.
We support the planning and decision-making at the institutional, program, and student level to ensure quality, accountability, student success and continuous improvement. This includes:
- Analysis and reporting of recurring surveys (e.g., Student, Graduate and Employer Satisfaction Surveys).
- Competitive analysis of our existing programs to maintain quality, innovation, and sustainability.
- Analysis to ensure new programs are feasible and sustainable in today’s market.
- Gathering and disseminating reports for course feedback from students.
- Identifying our students' characteristics in order to assist them with their success.
- Locate where our student are coming from to inform marketing and recruitment strategies.
- Survey consultation, development, administration and analysis for Mohawk staff.
Our staff follows the Canadian Institutional Research and Planning Association's (CIRPA) Code of Ethics that was adopted and adapted from the Code of Ethics of the Association of Institutional Research (AIR).
Contact us by email:
Mohawk survey access and issues: surveys [at] mohawkcollege.ca (surveys[at]mohawkcollege[dot]ca)
All other request: institutional.research [at] mohawkcollege.ca (institutional[dot]research[at]mohawkcollege[dot]ca)