Congratulations on your new position in the Campus Student Employment Program (CSEP).
Review this page for information on what you need to know about your new role.
Speak to your Hiring Manager about:
- Safety rules that must be observed while at work.
- How to record time worked (especially if you miss a pay submission period)
- Lunch time and breaks
- Overtime policy
- Confidentiality - review how to access and store sensitive and confidential information
How many hours can I work per week?
CSEP students can work up to 15 hours per week if studying full-time in the fall and winter and 35 hours per week if studying full-time in the summer.
Timesheets and Pay schedule
- All students must submit their hours worked through the MyMohawk portal for their pay to be processed on time.
- All positions are paid the minimum wage - $15.50 through October 2024.
- Students are not paid for sick days.
- Students will be paid for holidays that fall on days that the student is regularly scheduled to work, while on contract. The holidays may include Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday, Labour Day, and Thanksgiving, etc. The holidays paid will depend on the contract duration and the regularly scheduled hours for the day.
Contract dates are indicated on the Confirmation of Hire form and are generally 10-14 weeks in length per semester. Communication regarding contract length should be directed to your Hiring Manager. Contracts can be terminated at any time at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Health and safety
Refer to the Emergency Procedures.
CSEP students are not eligible for staff discounts. ie. Continuing Education courses.
Learn how to add your CSEP experience to your Co-Curricular Record.