Congratulations on your new position in the Campus Student Employment Program (CSEP).
Review this page for information on what you need to know about your new role.
Speak to your Hiring Manager about:
- Safety rules that must be observed while at work.
- Workspace and technology.
- How to record time worked (especially if you miss a pay submission period).
- Lunchtime and breaks.
- Overtime policy.
- Confidentiality - review how to access and store sensitive and confidential information.
How many hours can I work per week?
CSEP hours range by position and semester. Review your contract for further details.
Timesheets and Pay Schedule
- All students must submit their hours worked through the MyMohawk portal to process their pay on time.
- All positions are paid the minimum wage.
- Students are not paid for sick days.
- Students will be paid for holidays that fall on days the student is regularly scheduled to work, while on contract. The holidays may include Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday, Labour Day, Thanksgiving, etc. The holidays paid will depend on the contract duration and the regularly scheduled hours for the day.
Contract dates and length are indicated directly on the contract and range from 10-14 weeks per semester. Questions regarding contract length, and start/end dates, can be directed to your Hiring Manager. Contracts can be terminated at any time at the hiring manager's discretion.
Health and Safety
Refer to the Emergency Procedures.
CSEP students are not eligible for staff discounts. ie. Continuing Education courses.
Co-Curricular Record (CCR)
CSEP experience will automatically be added to your CCR. For more information about your CCR and how it can enhance your time at Mohawk College, visit the CCR website.