All you need to know about working as a CSEP student
You have questions about CSEP and we have answers. Find all the information you need to understand CSEP eligibility and the application process, resources outlining workplace guidelines and other protocols, job listings, and more. Our Frequently Asked Questions section is a comprehensive list of answers to common student inquiries. It makes for a great first step.
- CSEP Process
- Workplace guidelines
- Timesheets and pay schedule
- Health and Safety
- CSEP - Financial Assistance Profile Application
- Additional Information
- Resources for Students
- CSEP job listing
Learn about the CSEP process for Spring/Summer 2021
3. Submit both applications on Monday, April 19, 2021, by 11:59 pm
- Registered in a full-time post-secondary program or in a continuing education diploma or certificate program.
- Must complete a CSEP - Financial Assistance Profile Application and show financial need
- In good academic standing
Can students have more than one contract?
No, students cannot have more than one contract per semester.
Rate of pay
Are Second Career Students Eligible for CSEP?
Are Part-Time Students Eligible for CSEP?
Speak to your supervisor about:
- Safety rules that must be observed
- Absence and tardiness policy (how to report or request time off)
- How to record time worked (especially if pay has been missed)
- Lunch period and breaks
- Overtime policy
- Information about keeping employer's and customers' sensitive information confidential
Timesheets and pay schedule
All students must submit their hours worked through the MyMohawk portal for their pay to be processed on time.
Health and safety
Financial Assistance Profile
- CSEP students are not eligible for staff discounts. i.e. Continuing Education courses.
- Contract dates are indicated on the Confirmation of Hire form and are generally 10-14 weeks in length per semester. Communication regarding contract length should be directed to your supervisor. Contracts can be terminated at any time at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- All positions are paid the minimum wage. Students are not paid for sick days.
- Students will be paid for holidays that fall on days that the student is regularly scheduled to work, while on contract. The holidays include Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday, Labour Day, and Thanksgiving. The holidays paid will depend on the contract duration and the regularly scheduled hours for the day.
Resources for Students
CSEP job listing