The Learning Support Centre has a variety of resources available to help you with your math courses. There are videos and resources for self-directed learning. We also have peer tutoring appointments available through the Math Centre. Students can book up to 5 hours a week for math support or make an on-demand appointment.
A Math Tutor can help you:
- Clarify course content
- Clarify assignment questions
- Navigate MyCanvas and other helpful resources
- Prepare for tests and exams
- Provide study tips and strategies
- Set up your calculator and provide tips
Tutors will not do your homework, assignments, or MyCanvas quizzes for you. Tutoring is not a replacement for going to class.
Guidelines & Policies
On-Demand Math support is to be used for Mohawk College academic-related activities only.
- Students are expected to participate in the peer tutoring process
- While drop-in math support appointments are possible, you are strongly encouraged to book an appointment
- Appointments can be booked up to one week ahead of time and are available on a first-come, first-served basis (appointments are based on tutor availability and are not guaranteed)
- Maximum one 60 minute session per day; maximum five sessions per week
- Appointments can be cancelled up to 30 minutes before your scheduled time
- All appointments for Fall 2021 are hosted online
- After two "no show" appointments or three cancelled appointments, your online tutoring account may be suspended until you speak with a member of the LSC staff
- Remember: this is a service provided for students, by students
Email: lsc [at] mohawkcollege.ca