College competitors in the Skills Ontario Competition must meet the following criteria and may be asked to provide proof of any points listed below:
- Possess a Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant status and be a resident of Ontario. Competitors are responsible for verifying this information if requested.
- Be enrolled in a community college or private or vocational school or training institution, which is affiliated with Skills Ontario - OR - Be a registered apprentice with the MCU or a Journeyperson candidate in the field that they are competing. Once a Journeyperson candidate reaches that class, they are only eligible for one year.
- Be enrolled in a post-secondary program of study directly related to the contest in which they will compete, within the current school year (September 2020 – June 2021).
- Be registered as a competitor with Skills Ontario.
- The competitor cannot be a certified journey-person. Journeyperson candidates who have NOT passed their qualification exam are eligible to compete.
- Competitors must be no older than 29 years of age in the year of the competition. Proof of age must be available upon request.
- All competitors must be able to show either current apprenticeship or Journeyperson candidate status and/or proof of age upon request of the Technical Committee Chairperson.
Additional details regarding competitor eligibility, rules and regulations can be found on the Skills Ontario Competition website.