Mohawk’s Strategic Mandate Submission
The Ontario government is asking big questions about the future of post-secondary education. Mohawk has some bold ideas.
Ontario’s Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities has asked every publicly funded college and university to identify three main priorities and explain how current and future initiatives support and advance the government’s vision for transforming post-secondary education in Ontario.
Mohawk’s Strategic Mandate Submission is our response to the government’s request. It lays out our vision and mandate, explains our priorities and describes how we’re improving productivity in a way we believe will help the province advance its agenda for post-secondary education. Thanks to the outstanding efforts of our faculty and staff, much of this work is already well underway.
The Ministry of Training, College and Universities will use these submissions to begin negotiating new mandate agreements with each institution. These agreements are expected to drive future government decisions in key areas, including funding allocations and program approvals.
Mandate Submission Links
- Read Mohawk’s Strategic Mandate Submission. (opens PDF, 1.2mb)
- Read the letter from the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. (opens PDF, 35kb)
- Find out more about Ontario’s vision for Post-secondary education. (opens PDF, 37kb)
- Read the province’s discussion paper on Strengthening Ontario’s Centres of Creativity, Innovation and Knowledge. (opens PDF, 205kb)
- Find out more about Mohawk College’s recently approved Academic Plan. (opens PDF, 27kb)