We're hiring part-time student staff at all three main campuses!
Apply by Thursday, September 14 for equal consideration. Applications will stay open until all positions are filled!
Student Life Ambassadors work with the Mohawk College Student Life team on a variety of projects and initiatives that are designed to foster meaningful relationships and personal development by providing students with intentional experiences and services in a fun, inclusive learning environment. All Student Life Ambassadors will provide active support in our Student Life spaces by working at our front desk, encouraging participation in space-based programming, and helping out at campus-wide events. You will also be provided with opportunities to meaningfully contribute to our Campus to Community and First-Year Experience programs depending on your professional development goals, skill set, and availability.
Student Life Ambassadors are provided with leadership and professional development coaching and training throughout their time with Student Life. Working at Student Life is an excellent opportunity to support the Mohawk College community while developing your professional skills, joining a professional network, and building a community with your colleagues.
Key Qualities of a Student Life Ambassador:
- Passionate about supporting the Mohawk College student community
- Self-starter, able to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent collaborator, excited to work with a team of engaged colleagues
- Flexible, ability to roll with change and to pivot priorities when needed
- Knowledge of Mohawk College student services and resources
- Strong desire to level up as a student leader, willing to fully engage with team building and professional development activities
- Previous experience assisting with student-facing programming and events is an asset
If you have any questions about the Student Life Ambassador positions please email student.life [at] mohawkcollege.ca (subject: Student%20Life%20Ambassador%20-%20Hiring%20Question) .
Student Life is strongly committed to diversity within our team and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.