Used needles (also referred to as “sharps”) have the potential to cause injury or illness through unintended contact if not disposed of safely.
In order to reduce the likelihood of unintended contact with needles, Mohawk College has implemented a safe disposal of sharps on our campuses.
Sharps disposal containers have been installed in washrooms locations throughout Mohawk College campuses for safe disposal practices. These containers are designed to receive the sharps and prevent access to the disposed product.
Fennell Campus Locations
- Men’s and Women’s washroom (adjacent to A106)
- Men’s and Women’s washrooms (across from F102)
- Accessible washroom (across from E103)
- Joyce Centre (EA104)
- Men’s and Women’s washrooms (across from Urban Fork)
- DBARC (1st floor across from the Membership Desk)
Stoney Creek Campus Locations
- A130 - Accessible washroom (adjacent to the Security Office)
- G-wing accessible washroom (floor 1)
- Men’s and Women’s washrooms in E-Wing
- Men’s and Women’s washrooms in F-Wing
What to do if you find a needle on campus
If you find a needle on campus, do not pick it up as it could pose a health risk. Please notify Security ext. 2003 or the Facilities Help Desk ext. 4742 immediately.
Container replacement process
Mohawk College’s Health, Safety and Wellness team will monitor the status of the containers and arrange for safe pick up and disposal.
Contact the Health, Safety and Wellness team via email at: OHSMohawk [at] mohawkcollege.ca