Elevating Devices Mechanic - 636E
- State-of-the-art facilities
- “Earn while you learn” training model, combining on-the-job and in-school training
- In-school training lead by faculty and staff who are experienced, licensed journeypersons
- You may qualify for income support while in school through Employment Insurance Canada benefits or training allowance
What you'll learn
- How to install, maintain and service elevating devices in accordance with government regulations and safe industry best practices
- Explore electrical, mechanical and hydraulics systems as applied to elevating devices
- Acquire skills in the installation, maintenance and trouble shooting of the above 3 systems use in elevating devices
- Explore the history and regulations surrounding elevating devices
- Build a gratifying career as a qualified journeyperson in the skilled trade of Elevating Devices Mechanic
Thinking about an apprenticeship program? Learn how it works.
Based on the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19, Mohawk College will be hosting Open House - ONLINE
Check back for details on how you can see our campuses, hear from faculty and staff, and experience life at Mohawk. In the meantime, explore our website to learn more about programs and services for students, and build your custom viewbook to experience all that Mohawk has to offer.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Connect with an advisor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 905-575-2460.
Offers of classroom training are issued by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) to registered apprentices who are members in good standing with the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT).
How you'll gain skills
This apprenticeship program consists of 8,000 hours:
- On-the-Job Training Duration: 7,280 hours with your employer
- In-School Training Duration: 720 hours at Mohawk College
- To view the training standard for this trade, visit: https://www.collegeoftrades.ca/training-standards
Your future career options:
- Elevator Mechanic
- Construction Hoist Mechanic
- Elevator Cab Renovator
Where you could work includes:
- Elevator Contractor
- Consulting Company
- Authority Having Jurisdiction (TSSA)
- Elevator Component Supplier
- Major corporations like TTC and OPG
- Certificate of Apprenticeship
- Technical Training Safety Authority (TSSA)
Opportunities for grads:
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q)
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes for apprenticeship programs, are defined within the Curriculum Training Standard for each trade, and set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
The Curriculum Standards are developed by the Ontario College of Trades in consultation with representatives from the trade and Training Delivery Agent instructors.