Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic - 313A
- State-of-the-art facilities
- “Earn while you learn” training model, combining on-the-job and in-school training
- In-school training lead by faculty and staff who are experienced, licensed journeypersons
- You may qualify for income support while in school through Employment Insurance Canada benefits or training allowance
What you'll learn
Operation of complex mechanical devices and sophisticated control systems.
Explore the diverse field of refrigeration and air conditioning that encompasses many aspects of technology.
Perform tasks without direct supervision by becoming self-motivated and developing great excellent problem- solving skills.
Develop a high standard of craftsmanship and pride in the trade through practical shop training.
Gain an appreciation of environmental concerns and aspects of safety directly related to the trade, including the increasing stringency and proliferation of both provincial and local codes.
Master math and science skills included as an integral part of trade theory
Program length and format
Thinking about an apprenticeship program? Learn how it works.
* For exact length and availability of this program, visit the Ministry Funded – Apprenticeship Training Dates . To learn more about your specific program format and length, please contact the your Program Coordinator or Employment Training Consultant at the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities for availability.
Applicants for this training must be registered apprentices with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU), and must be a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT).
Please contact your Employment and Training Consultant at the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities for availability.
Learn more about Apprenticeship.
Red Seal Trades
Upon successful completion of this program you are able to apply for a Red Seal endorsement.
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English. Options are available for mature applicants.
How you’ll gain skills
This apprenticeship program consists of 9,000 hours:
- On-the-Job Training Duration: 8,280 hours with your employer
- In-School Training Duration: 720 hours at Mohawk College
Your future career options:
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Mechanical Engineer
Where you could work includes:
- Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Machinery Manufacturing
- Trade Contracting
Opportunities for grads:
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q)
- View our internal pathways map PDF. This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.