There are two ways to receive a Celebration of Learning Award. Students either self-nominate or are nominated by someone connected to the Mohawk community.
Before nominating a student for a Celebration of Learning award, please read the checklist below to make sure you are ready to submit.
If you are nominating yourself please complete the following steps before filling in the nomination form:
- Review award criteria and the nomination form
- Prepare a 5-10 sentence statement detailing why you deserve the award and how you meet the specific award criteria.
- Ask someone in the Mohawk or Hamilton community to act as your reference. We require you to submit their contact information with your application.
- Check your Co-Curricular Record (CCR) and ensure that your activities are up to date. You will be asked to upload a PDF version of your CCR to your application.
- Gather any supporting documents. If you have other documents that you feel will support your application, you will have the opportunity to upload up to 4 files in addition to your CCR. This field is OPTIONAL
If you are nominating someone else please complete the following steps before nominating:
- Review award criteria and the nomination form (opening Fall 2019)
- Prepare a 5-10 sentence statement detailing why the student you are nominating deserves the award and how they meet the specific award criteria.
- The nominator serves as the reference, so an additional reference is not required for this type of nomination.
- Note that when a student is nominated by someone else, their Co-Curricular Record (CCR) will be automatically added to their nomination package by a staff member. You may want to advise the student to ensure that their CCR is up to date.
Students interested in receiving a Celebration of Learning award are encouraged to ask others to nominate them. Before asking someone to nominate you, consider who you are asking. Ensure that they can speak to your relevant skills and experience.
Need more help asking someone to nominate you? Read our Nomination Request Letter PDF.
Need help creating, updating, or exporting your Co-Curricular Record (CCR)? Please visit the CCR website for resources and upcoming CCR workshops.
Need your CCR positions validated before you submit your nomination? Please contact Student Life at student.life [at] mohawkcollege.ca (subject: CCR%20Validation) .