Follow this checklist for a smooth transition to life at Mohawk
Keep in mind that some items may not be relevant to you, and the order the items are completed may vary from student to student. Have questions? Email Mohawk College.
- Review COVID-19 updates and information
- Find out how your program is being delivered
- Set up your Mohawk email account
- Access your Future Ready Toolkit and Future Ready Orientation
- Claim your spot in the Student Mentorship program to meet other students and hear from upper-year peers
- Review the services and supports for students
- Check the technology requirements for your program
- Book your Assessments for Success (semester 1 students only)
- Register with Accessible Learning Services if you have, or think you have a disability
- Connect with Mohawk on social media
- Sign up for Mohawk Security Alert Messenger (SAM) Service and download the Mohawk Safety App
- Opt-out of the Studentcare health and dental plan, if you have enough coverage.
- Decide where you’re going to live and how you’ll get to campus if your program includes in-person requirements
Pay your tuition and fees
Select your timetable
Start your semester
- Check in with the Future Ready Toolkit and Future Ready Orientation to start your semester off right
- Learn more about Program & Career Launch – your academic orientation and your chance to connect virtually with your program area on Day One (semester 1 students only)
- Buy or rent your course materials and textbooks, and access free software for students
- Upload your selfie for your ONE Card (semester 1 students only)
- Take the Be More Pledge
Embrace student life
Coming to campus
- Review how to access campus
- Find out what supplies or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) you are required to bring with you to class
- Rent a locker at Fennell or Stoney Creek
- Register your vehicle to take advantage of free parking at Fennell and Stoney Creek until April 30, 2021
- Plan for your meals while on campus. There are no food services available at the Stoney Creek Campus, other than vending machines. Food services at the Fennell Campus are limited. Water bottle filling stations will be available for students and employees.
- IAHS students – find out what you need to know for your in-person classes at the McMaster campus.
Need help? We’re here for you. Contact us!