The Winter '22 Financial Assistance Profile application is now open until January 18, 2022
Please review How to Apply for Full-Time Student Awards before starting your application!
On this page:
- After you submit your application
- Notifying award recipients
- Receiving an award
- Withdrawing or dropping to part-time studies as an award recipient
- Contact Financial Assistance
- You will receive an email confirmation of your application submission.
- Reviews for awards will begin after the application closes and will continue throughout the semester.
- Check your Mohawk College email frequently as you may be contacted to provide additional supporting documentation to assist us during reviews. These requests will have a deadline indicated in the email. If you miss that deadline you will be eliminated from further reviews.
- All applicants will receive an email from Awards regarding the outcome of their review that will indicate they have been selected as a recipient or did not meet the criteria for awards this semester.
- Award reviews are final and there will be no reassessments.
- You will be notified by your Mohawk College email only.
- You may be required to submit a thank you letter for the donor before you can receive your award. Your notification email will indicate if a thank you letter is required.
- You may be required to confirm your Social Insurance Number (SIN) through MyMohawk. Awards are taxable and we are required to provide a T4A tax document for all award recipients. You will not receive your award until your SIN has been confirmed through MyMohawk.
- If you have an active OSAP application, we will automatically update your OSAP application with your award.
- If the above requirements have been met, your award will be placed on your student account first to assist you with paying down any outstanding tuition you may have at the time of disbursement.
- If you do not have an owing balance, your account will be automatically reviewed for a refund. You do not need to request a refund for your award.
- Refunds are completed within 4 weeks of your award being processed to your student account.
- To view your student account balance, go to MyMohawk, under the Finances tab, click on My Financial Statement. A debit (positive) balance is money you owe us, a credit (negative) balance is money we owe you.
Students who withdraw from studies or drop to part-time in the semester they are provided award funding will have their award removed and may be required to repay these funds.