Instrumentation Control and Control Technician - 447A
- State-of-the-art facilities
- “Earn while you learn” training model, combining on-the-job and in-school training
- In-school training lead by faculty and staff who are experienced, licensed journeypersons
- You may qualify for income support while in school through Employment Insurance Canada benefits or training allowance
What you'll learn
- Consult manuals, read and interpret circuit diagrams, blueprints and schematics.
- Inspect and test the operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using testing devices.
- Write maintenance reports.
- Repair and adjust system components or remove and replace defective parts.
- Calibrate components and instruments.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance work.
- Install control and measurement instruments on existing or new plant equipment.
- Observe safety in accordance with government and company standards.
Thinking about an apprenticeship program? Learn how it works.
Join our Open House Week (April 5 - 9) to learn about our programs, how you can apply, and life at Mohawk from our different Faculties, Student Recruitment, Admissions, and Student Life Teams.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Offers of classroom training are issued by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) to registered apprentices who are members in good standing with the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT).
How you’ll gain skills
This apprenticeship program consists of 8,000 hours:
- On-the-Job Training Duration: 7,280 hours with your employer
- In-School Training Duration: 720 hours at Mohawk College
- To view the training standard for this trade, visit Ontario College of Trades.
Mohawk offers a diverse range of programs to further your studies**: Students that graduate from any of the following Mohawk College Certificate, Ontario College Certificate, and Ontario College Diploma programs are eligible to enroll into the Instrumentation and Control Technician program:
- Electrician (Construction and Maintenance)
- Industrial Electrician
- Mechanical Techniques (Electrical Monitoring and Systems)
- Electrical Engineering Technician - Power
View our internal pathways map PDF. This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Your future career options:
Machinery and Equipment Wholesaler
Industrial Instrument Technician
Primary Steel Producer
Industrial Chemicals Manufacturer
Where you could work includes:
- Food Processing Plant
Opportunities for grads:
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q)
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes for apprenticeship programs, are defined within the Curriculum Training Standard for each trade, and set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
The Curriculum Standards are developed by the Ontario College of Trades in consultation with representatives from the trade and Training Delivery Agent instructors.
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors assist current students to transition to college life, co-creating an academic success plan, advice on course selection, changing programs, or referrals to specialized support services. If you need help applying to Mohawk, contact Admissions (for International Students, please contact International Admissions).