Truck and Coach Technician - 310T
- State-of-the-art facilities
- “Earn while you learn” training model, combining on-the-job and in-school training
- In-school training lead by faculty and staff who are experienced, licensed journeypersons
- You may qualify for income support while in school through Employment Insurance Canada benefits or training allowance
What you'll learn
- Acquire the skills of the trade that include repairing, testing and maintaining trucks, tractors, city and highway buses.
- Gain sound theoretical training to meet the challenges presented by the increasingly complex designs and testing techniques.
- Hone your craftsmanship, and problem-solving skills as well as develop desirable work attitudes and responsibility.
Thinking about an apprenticeship program? Learn how it works.
Visit Open House Plus, an on-demand, curated collection of videos, interviews and blogs about our programs, student services and supports! Get answers to your questions, watch video greeting from Deans and faculty, stay up-to-date on virtual events and more.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Offers of classroom training are issued by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) to registered apprentices who are members in good standing with the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT).
How you’ll gain skills
This apprenticeship consists of 6,720 hours:
- 6,000 hours of on-the-job work experience with your employer
- 720 hours of in-school training at Mohawk College
- To view the training standard for this trade, visit: https://www.collegeoftrades.ca/training-standards
Mohawk offers a diverse range of programs to further your studies**: Students that graduate from any of the following Mohawk College Certificate, Ontario College Certificate, and Ontario College Diploma programs are eligible to enroll into the Truck and Coach Technician program:
Graduates from the Truck and Coach Technician program are eligible to enroll into the following Mohawk College Certificate programs:
View our internal pathways map PDF. This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Your future career options:
- Truck and Coach Technicians
- Mechanical Repairers
- Automotive Mechanical Installers and Servicers
Where you could work includes:
- Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Repair and Maintenance
- Motor Vehicle and Parts Dealers
Opportunities for grads:
Certificate of Qualification (C of Q)
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes for apprenticeship programs, are defined within the Curriculum Training Standard for each trade, and set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
The Curriculum Standards are developed by the Ontario College of Trades in consultation with representatives from the trade and Training Delivery Agent instructors.
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors assist current students to transition to college life, co-creating an academic success plan, advice on course selection, changing programs, or referrals to specialized support services. If you need help applying to Mohawk, contact Admissions (for International Students, please contact International Admissions).