Truck and Coach Technician - 310T
- State-of-the-art facilities
- “Earn while you learn” training model, combining on-the-job and in-school training
- In-school training lead by faculty and staff who are experienced, licensed journeypersons
- You may qualify for income support while in school through Employment Insurance Canada benefits or training allowance
What you'll learn
- Acquire the skills of the trade that include repairing, testing and maintaining trucks, tractors, city and highway buses.
- Gain sound theoretical training to meet the challenges presented by the increasingly complex designs and testing techniques.
- Hone your craftsmanship, and problem-solving skills as well as develop desirable work attitudes and responsibility.
Thinking about an apprenticeship program? Learn how it works.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Take a virtual campus tour!
Explore Mohawk College from the comfort of home! Our virtual campus tours provide a guided visit of our buildings, labs, services, classrooms and athletic and recreation centre.
Offers of classroom training are issued by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) to registered apprentices who are members in good standing with the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT).
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
How you’ll gain skills
This apprenticeship consists of 6,720 hours:
- 6,000 hours of on-the-job work experience with your employer
- 720 hours of in-school training at Mohawk College
- View the training standard for this trade.
Program Learning Outcomes for apprenticeship programs, are defined within the Curriculum Training Standard for each trade, and set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
The Curriculum Standards are developed by the Ontario College of Trades in consultation with representatives from the trade and Training Delivery Agent instructors.
Your future career options:
- Truck and Coach Technicians
- Mechanical Repairers
- Automotive Mechanical Installers and Servicers
Where you could work includes:
- Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Repair and Maintenance
- Motor Vehicle and Parts Dealers
Opportunities for grads:
Certificate of Qualification (C of Q)
Pathways to Mohawk
If you've successfully taken a course at another post-secondary institution, you may be able to earn course exemptions toward your credential here at Mohawk.
Pathways within Mohawk
If you have successfully completed one of the following programs at Mohawk, you may be eligible to receive transfer credit in this program. *
We offer a diverse range of programs to further your studies within Mohawk following completion of this program. *
This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Pathways beyond Mohawk
See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Search the Mohawk Transfer Database for opportunities outside of Ontario.