Automotive Service Technician - 310S
- State-of-the-art facilities
- “Earn while you learn” training model, combining on-the-job and in-school training
- In-school training lead by faculty and staff who are experienced, licensed journeypersons
- You may qualify for income support while in school through Employment Insurance Canada benefits or training allowance
What you'll learn
- Develop skills to perform maintenance and mechanical repairs to any part of the motor vehicle.
- Develop diagnostic capabilities and superior workmanship in the area of mechanics.
- Major automotive assemblies, engines, running gear, chassis, electrical and fuel systems.
- Acquire sound theoretical knowledge and practical applications to meet the challenges of increasingly complex vehicles and testing techniques.
- Develop craftsmanship, problem-solving skills, personal pride, desirable work attitudes and a keen sense of responsibility in public and personal safety.
Program length and format
Thinking about an apprenticeship program? Learn how it works.
* For exact length and availability of this program, visit the Ministry Funded – Apprenticeship Training Dates . To learn more about your specific program format and length, please contact the your Program Coordinator or Employment Training Consultant at the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities for availability.
Visit Open House Plus, an on-demand, curated collection of videos, interviews and blogs about our programs, student services and supports! Get answers to your questions, watch video greeting from Deans and faculty, stay up-to-date on virtual events and more.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Fall 2020 program delivery
Offers of classroom training are issued by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) to registered apprentices who are members in good standing with the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT).
Please contact your Employment and Training Consultant at the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities for availability.
Learn more about Apprenticeship.
Red Seal Trades
Upon successful completion of this program you are able to apply for a Red Seal endorsement.
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English. Options are available for mature applicants.
How you'll gain skills
This apprenticeship consists of 7,220 hours:
- 6,500 hours of on-the-job work experience with your employer
- 720 hours of in-school training at Mohawk College
Your future career options:
- Automotive Service Technician
- Automotive Mechanical Installer and Servicer
- Motor Vehicle Inspector and Tester
Where you could work includes:
- Repair and Maintenance
- Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Motor Vehicle and Parts Dealers
Opportunities for grads:
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q)
- View our internal pathways map PDF. This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes for apprenticeship programs, are defined within the Curriculum Training Standard for each trade, and set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
The Curriculum Standards are developed by the Ontario College of Trades in consultation with representatives from the trade and Training Delivery Agent instructors.
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors assist current students to transition to college life, co-creating an academic success plan, advice on course selection, changing programs, or referrals to specialized support services. If you need help applying to Mohawk, contact Admissions (for International Students, please contact International Admissions).