Automotive Service Technician - 310S
- State-of-the-art facilities
- “Earn while you learn” training model, combining on-the-job and in-school training
- In-school training lead by faculty and staff who are experienced, licensed journeypersons
- You may qualify for income support while in school through Employment Insurance Canada benefits or training allowance
What you'll learn
- Develop skills to perform maintenance and mechanical repairs to any part of the motor vehicle.
- Develop diagnostic capabilities and superior workmanship in the area of mechanics.
- Major automotive assemblies, engines, running gear, chassis, electrical and fuel systems.
- Acquire sound theoretical knowledge and practical applications to meet the challenges of increasingly complex vehicles and testing techniques.
- Develop craftsmanship, problem-solving skills, personal pride, desirable work attitudes and a keen sense of responsibility in public and personal safety.
Program length and format
Thinking about an apprenticeship program? Learn how it works.
Select the image to view larger.
* For exact length and availability of this program, visit the Ministry Funded – Apprenticeship Training Dates . To learn more about your specific program format and length, please contact the your Program Coordinator or Employment Training Consultant at the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities for availability.
- For program availability, please visit: Ministry Funded - Apprenticeship Training Dates
Learn about Apprenticeship
Open House Events!
Looking to take your next step and get future ready at Mohawk College? Join us from Tuesday, March 28 to Wednesday, April 5 at our in-person Open House Events. Come and explore our campuses, meet with faculty and staff and learn about the many student services and supports available to Mohawk students to help you succeed.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Take a virtual campus tour
Explore Mohawk College from the comfort of home! Our virtual campus tours provide a guided visit of our buildings, labs, services, classrooms and athletic and recreation centre.
Learn more about virtual and remote learning and how programs will be delivered.
In the News: Steven Naranjit
Read about Steven Naranjit, a senior technician at TriniTech Automotive on the Hamilton Spectator
Offers of classroom training are issued by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) to registered apprentices who are members in good standing with the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT).
Please contact your Employment and Training Consultant at the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities for availability.
Learn more about Apprenticeship.
Red Seal Trades
Upon successful completion of this program you are able to apply for a Red Seal endorsement.
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English. Options are available for mature applicants.
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
How you'll gain skills
This apprenticeship consists of 7,220 hours:
- 6,500 hours of on-the-job work experience with your employer
- 720 hours of in-school training at Mohawk College
Program Learning Outcomes for apprenticeship programs, are defined within the Curriculum Training Standard for each trade, and set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
View the training standard for this trade
The Curriculum Standards are developed by the Ontario College of Trades in consultation with representatives from the trade and Training Delivery Agent instructors.
Your future career options:
- Automotive Service Technician
- Automotive Mechanical Installer and Servicer
- Motor Vehicle Inspector and Tester
Where you could work includes:
- Repair and Maintenance
- Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Motor Vehicle and Parts Dealers
Opportunities for grads:
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q)
Pathways to Mohawk
If you've successfully taken a course at another post-secondary institution, you may be able to earn course exemptions toward your credential here at Mohawk.
Pathways within Mohawk
This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Pathways beyond Mohawk
See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Search the Mohawk Transfer Database for opportunities outside of Ontario.