Name or Address Change

It's important that you keep your name and address up-to-date so that Mohawk College can contact you.

How to Change Your Name with the College

Information on preferred name changes are found in our Change of Name for Students Policy PDF.

To change your name with the college:

  • Submit the Student Legal Name Change Request form PDF 
  • Include one piece of official identification showing your new name (driver's license, marriage certificate, etc.) to the college
  • Scan and e-mail the completed form, and identification to ask [at]
  • Note: Legal name changes submitted by email must include a certified copy that has been attested by a Guarantor.  
  • You must also notify the Financial Assistance Office of your new name. Additional documentation may be required to update your OSAP file.

How to Change Your Address with the College