It's important that you keep your name and address up-to-date so that Mohawk College can contact you.
How to Change Your Name with the College
Preferred Name Change ( Recognized Name )
- Information on the two different preferred name change options and how to complete this change can be found in our Change of Name for Students Policy.
- For questions or support related to the preferred name change or recognized name change process, you can Book an Appointment or email us at studentnamechange [at] mohawkcollege.ca.
Legal Name Change
To change your legal name with the college:
- Submit the Student Legal Name Change Request form PDF
- Include one piece of official identification showing your new name (driver's license, marriage certificate, etc.) with your submission
- Scan and e-mail the completed form and identification
- Questions? contact us
- Note: Legal name changes submitted by email must include a a certified copy of your government identification that has been attested by a Guarantor
- Notify the Financial Assistance Office of your new name. Additional documentation may be required to update your OSAP file