Technology Access Centre
Mohawk College is Canada's only Technology Access Centre with a focus in digital health, healthcare standards and interoperability.
A Technology Access Centre (TAC) is a centre affiliated with a Canadian college or cégep applied research office that provides access to specialized technology, equipment, and expertise to local industry – particularly small- and medium-sized enterprises – with the goal of enhancing their productivity and innovation. TACs also connect companies to additional sources of advice, service, expertise and funding.
Expertise and Services
- A collaborative environment for stakeholders to work together
- Access to expert design and implementation assistance for stakeholders
- Access to specifications, system documentation repositories and best practice guidance and tooling
- Access to an online, sandboxed version of the eHealth ecosystem where health care providers and software vendors begin their interface work safely and cost-efficiently
- Interface compliance testing process based on regulatory standards and guidelines
- Just-in-time training for health system personnel requiring assistance with new concepts
Benefits to your Organization
MEDIC's services are classified under teaming, testing, tooling and training. Each specialized service provides a unique competitive advantage to your organization.
- Teaming: Expand your technical capacity and capability.
- Testing: Ensure product success and compliance.
- Tooling: Speed your development process.
- Training: Sharing our digital health knowledge and expertise.
The cost of undertaking an applied research project will vary, depending on scope of project and available funding opportunities.
ideaworks [at] mohawkcollege.ca (Contact us)