Policy Number: AS-2003-2013
Policy Title: Student Feedback on Teaching
Policy Owner: Vice President, Academic
Effective Date: January 1, 2014
Last Revised: October 17, 2018
On this page:
- Application and Scope
- Accountability and Compliance
- Policy Revision Date
This policy is intended to provide a framework for collecting and disseminating student feedback on teaching.
This policy applies to all academic programs leading to an Ontario credential, offered by Mohawk College. This policy is encouraged, but not mandatory for apprenticeship programs and continuing education.
“Ontario Credential” includes the following: Ontario College Certificate, Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma and Ontario College Graduate Certificate and Degree.
Student feedback helps faculty and instructors improve teaching effectiveness and supports professional development planning.
Student feedback provides valuable data that helps academic areas monitor the quality of programs and ensure continuous improvement.
5.1 Accountability Framework
This policy has been approved by the Senior Leadership Team.
The Vice President, Academic is responsible for monitoring compliance to this policy and updating the policy as required.
Associate Deans and Faculty are responsible for encouraging student participation in the survey process.
- Students will have opportunity to provide feedback on teaching for each course they are enrolled in each term.
- A standard, college-wide survey will be developed and used to collect student feedback.
- Institutional Research will post information about the surveys on their website, and students are informed through email from Mohawk’s internal online survey system.
- Each term, a time frame will be identified for the administration of the survey. This time frame will be at least two weeks in length and sufficiently close to the end of the course to allow for meaningful feedback.
- Faculty must provide at least ten minutes in one class to allow students to complete the survey.
- Survey results will be released to Faculty and Associate Deans after the release of final grades to students.
- Student identities will be kept confidential. Only aggregate data will be released. The only exception to confidentiality will be if there is a threat to the safety of the college or an individual of the college. In this case, the college may identify the student(s) making the threat.
7.1 Revision Date
This policy will be reviewed and updated every five years or earlier if required.
This section has been intentionally left blank.
Student Feedback on Teaching Online Survey