Residential Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic - 313D
- State-of-the-art facilities
- "Earn while you learn" training model, combining on-the-job and in-school training
- In-school training lead by faculty and staff who are experienced, licensed journeypersons
- You may qualify for income support while in school through Employment Insurance Canada benefits or training allowance
What you'll learn
- Workplace health and safety
- Applied trade mathematics
- Engineering drawings and documentation
- Trade practices
- Mechanical cooling cycle fundamentals, components and accessories
- Electrical and electronic fundamentals
- Pipe joining, welding, brazing and soldering
- Installation and system start-up procedures
- Applied psychometrics
- Prints and heat load calculations
- Air distribution systems and accessories
- Electrical and electronic control systems
- Rigging and hoisting
Thinking about an apprenticeship program? Learn how it works.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Take a virtual campus tour
Explore Mohawk College from the comfort of home! Our virtual campus tours provide a guided visit of our buildings, labs, services, classrooms and athletic and recreation centre.
Learn about program delivery terms.
When it comes to paying for your education, investing in your future can be more affordable than you think. A Mohawk education is one of the most cost-effective means of acquiring the skills and knowledge you need to have a prosperous and rewarding career.
As you start on your chosen career path, it's important to have a realistic set of expectations regarding the expenses associated with attending college. In addition to your tuition fees, you will also need to budget for books, supplies, housing, and other related living expenses. You may be able to supplement your income and savings with scholarships, bursaries, or loans. It pays to do some research into what types of financial assistance you may qualify for.
Available Financial Assistance Resources:
Apply for Awards:
By submitting a Scholarships and Bursaries Application every semester, students have access to over $3 million in Mohawk College scholarships, bursaries and Ministry-partnered funding to help meet their financial needs.
Financial Literacy and Money Coaching:
Whether saving for school, sticking to a budget, or planning for a major purchase, financial literacy affects us all. That's why Mo' Money is committed to helping our students improve their money skills and become more confident with their money.
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
How you'll gain skills
This apprenticeship program consists of 4,500 hours:
- On-the-Job Training Duration: 4,020 hours with your employer
- In-School Training Duration: 480 hours at Mohawk College
- View the Skilled Trades Ontario
Program Learning Outcomes for apprenticeship programs, are defined within the Curriculum Training Standard for each trade, and set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
The Curriculum Standards are developed by the Ontario College of Trades in consultation with representatives from the trade and Training Delivery Agent instructors.
Your future career options:
- Residential Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic
- Field Service Technician
Where you can work includes:
- Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Machinery Manufacturing
- Trade Contracting
Opportunities for grads:
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q)