Residential Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic - 313D
- State-of-the-art facilities
- "Earn while you learn" training model, combining on-the-job and in-school training
- In-school training lead by faculty and staff who are experienced, licensed journeypersons
- You may qualify for income support while in school through Employment Insurance Canada benefits or training allowance
What you'll learn
- Workplace health and safety
- Applied trade mathematics
- Engineering drawings and documentation
- Trade practices
- Mechanical cooling cycle fundamentals, components and accessories
- Electrical and electronic fundamentals
- Pipe joining, welding, brazing and soldering
- Installation and system start-up procedures
- Applied psychometrics
- Prints and heat load calculations
- Air distribution systems and accessories
- Electrical and electronic control systems
- Rigging and hoisting
Thinking about an apprenticeship program? Learn how it works.
Visit Open House Plus, an on-demand, curated collection of videos, interviews and blogs about our programs, student services and supports! Get answers to your questions, watch video greeting from Deans and faculty, stay up-to-date on virtual events and more.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Offers of classroom training are issued by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) to registered apprentices who are members in good standing with the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT).
How you'll gain skills
This apprenticeship program consists of 4,500 hours:
- On-the-Job Training Duration: 4,020 hours with your employer
- In-School Training Duration: 480 hours at Mohawk College
- To view the training standard for this trade, visit: https://www.collegeoftrades.ca/training-standards
Your future career options:
- Residential Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic
- Field Service Technician
Where you can work includes:
- Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Machinery Manufacturing
- Trade Contracting
Opportunities for grads:
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q)
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes for apprenticeship programs, are defined within the Curriculum Training Standard for each trade, and set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
The Curriculum Standards are developed by the Ontario College of Trades in consultation with representatives from the trade and Training Delivery Agent instructors.
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors assist current students to transition to college life, co-creating an academic success plan, advice on course selection, changing programs, or referrals to specialized support services. If you need help applying to Mohawk, contact Admissions (for International Students, please contact International Admissions).