Residential Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic - 313D
- State-of-the-art facilities
- "Earn while you learn" training model, combining on-the-job and in-school training
- In-school training lead by faculty and staff who are experienced, licensed journeypersons
- You may qualify for income support while in school through Employment Insurance Canada benefits or training allowance
What you'll learn
- Workplace health and safety
- Applied trade mathematics
- Engineering drawings and documentation
- Trade practices
- Mechanical cooling cycle fundamentals, components and accessories
- Electrical and electronic fundamentals
- Pipe joining, welding, brazing and soldering
- Installation and system start-up procedures
- Applied psychometrics
- Prints and heat load calculations
- Air distribution systems and accessories
- Electrical and electronic control systems
- Rigging and hoisting
Thinking about an apprenticeship program? Learn how it works.
Based on the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19, Mohawk College will be hosting Open House - ONLINE
Check back for details on how you can see our campuses, hear from faculty and staff, and experience life at Mohawk. In the meantime, explore our website to learn more about programs and services for students, and build your custom viewbook to experience all that Mohawk has to offer.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Connect with an advisor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 905-575-2460.
Offers of classroom training are issued by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) to registered apprentices who are members in good standing with the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT).
How you'll gain skills
This apprenticeship program consists of 4,500 hours:
- On-the-Job Training Duration: 4,020 hours with your employer
- In-School Training Duration: 480 hours at Mohawk College
- To view the training standard for this trade, visit: https://www.collegeoftrades.ca/training-standards
Your future career options:
- Residential Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic
- Field Service Technician
Where you can work includes:
- Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Machinery Manufacturing
- Trade Contracting
Opportunities for grads:
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q)
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes for apprenticeship programs, are defined within the Curriculum Training Standard for each trade, and set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
The Curriculum Standards are developed by the Ontario College of Trades in consultation with representatives from the trade and Training Delivery Agent instructors.