Construction Techniques - 452
- Prepare graduates to work as part of a team on the construction of residential homes, commercial buildings, and components of civil infrastructure.
- Emphasis is on developing and practicing the technical skills related to the field of specialization.
What you'll learn
- Develop skills and training required to join the booming home and commercial construction sector.
- Learn industry leading concrete forming and production framing techniques.
- Acquire specialized training in carpentry hand and power tools, construction materials, wood and wood products, and workplace safety.
1 academic year
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Take a virtual campus tour!
Explore Mohawk College from the comfort of home! Our virtual campus tours provide a guided visit of our buildings, labs, services, classrooms and athletic and recreation centre.
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- 11 English E, C or U
- 10 Mathematics L, D or P
- Options available for mature applicants.
Tuition and Fees
2021 - 2022 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Compulsory Ancillary Fees||$781.08||$712.05|
|Compulsory Program Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$2,135.12||$2,066.09|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$4,201.21|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
2021 - 2022 International Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
Total Tuition & Ancillary Fees
Program Compulsory Fees
|International Tax Recovery||$450.00||$375.00|
|Total International Charges Per Semester||$8,545.00||$8,470.00|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$17,015.00|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Your future career options
- Construction Craft Worker
- Skilled Trades Worker
- Production Framer
- Residential home framing
- Residential and commercial concrete forming and finishing
- Wood and concrete landscaping component
Where you could work includes:
- Commercial or residential construction sectors
Pathways to Mohawk
If you've successfully taken a course at another post-secondary institution, you may be able to earn course exemptions toward your credential here at Mohawk.
Pathways within Mohawk
We offer a diverse range of programs to further your studies within Mohawk following completion of this program. *
This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Pathways beyond Mohawk
See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Search the Mohawk Transfer Database for opportunities outside of Ontario.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Haven’t applied yet and have questions?
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541