Important apprenticeship delivery changes:
No online delivery training will occur for Apprenticeship at this time.
Careful consideration is being made on how to resume your apprenticeship training. We appreciate your patience as we navigate these COVID 19 impacts to our work, home and school life. We have been in communication with the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development to create a new delivery plan.
Community Studies Apprentices - Please note the apprenticeship programs for community studies will be continuing, please refer to your faculty for your continuation plan
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions to help guide this transition:
- Employment Insurance (EI) – This program is administered by Service Canada.
- Travel Allowances (Part II Benefits for those eligible apprentices) – This program is administered by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development. We will continue to work with the Ministry to provide further updates.
- Free Financial Counselling (COVID 19) - 1-800-267-2272 - Credit Canada Website
- Dealing with Financial Uncertainties – Connect with MoMoney
Mohawk College will be issuing parking permit refunds for Winter 2020. Students who have paid for parking at our Fennell or Stoney Creek campuses will receive a prorated refund within 6-8 weeks. This includes apprenticeship students. NO action is required on the part of the apprentice.
New Electrical students who wish to withdraw, please complete the following form Apprenticeship Withdrawal / Refund Application PDF (44kb) You may direct any registration related questions to Apprenticeship [at] mohawkcollege.ca
Rescheduling for Another Intake
- Offers of classroom training are issued by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development 90 days prior to the class start. Please ensure your contact information is up to date with your Local Ministry office.
- In the event you choose to withdraw this term, your name will be placed back on the waitlist with the Ministry
For the latest updates, please visit Mohawk College's Covid-19 Update website