Scholarships for Skilled Trades from Schulich Builder
We rely on skilled trades to build and maintain the infrastructure of our cities and towns. Our challenge is not having enough of these talented people to meet the demands fueled by our growth.
Schulich Builders will combat the shortage of skilled trades in Ontario and amplify their importance and value to our community by awarding 100 annual scholarships to the most promising candidates.
Schulich Builders are scholarships for students enrolling in an eligible, full-time skilled trades program at a participating college in Ontario. Ten colleges award a total of 100 scholarships annually. Each college will award five scholarships to one-year certificate programs, and five scholarships to two-year diploma programs.
Valued at $40,000 ($20,000 per academic year), these scholarships support the costs of tuition, tools, and living expenses.
Deadline to Apply: June 30, 2024
Schulich Builders are responsible, hardworking, dedicated people who:
- Are Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Meet college admission requirements
- Are enrolling in a full-time, eligible skilled trade one-year certificate or two-year diploma program at a participating college starting in Fall 2024
Renewal criteria: The only requirement for recipients to keep their scholarship is that they pass each semester (no minimum average is required), and do not drop-out of the program or college during full-time study.
Students must meet the following criteria to be considered for the scholarship:
- Strong work ethic and character, as evidenced by one letter of recommendation by someone directly connected to the student, preferably:
- High school staff member
- Community service organization
- Financial need as determined by each college admission department
- Willingness to act as an ambassador and promote their career choice in the skilled trades and the Schulich Builders program in high schools and community outreach.
- Students must support western, democratic ideals and be respectful of people from different backgrounds. There is zero tolerance for displays of racism or antisemitism. Students who don’t support these ideals and/or engage in harmful rhetoric/activities are at risk of forfeiting their nominee status or scholarship and should not apply.
Deadline to Apply: June 30, 2024
For questions about the application and selection process, please contact Awards at awards [at] mohawkcollege.ca (awards[at]mohawkcollege[dot]ca).
For more information about Schulich Builders Scholarships, visit schulichbuilders.com
About The Schulich Foundation
The Schulich Foundation is one of Canada’s largest foundations, having donated in excess of $350 million. Seymour Schulich established and funded The Schulich Foundation. He holds Canada’s highest civilian award, the Order of Canada, and is among Canada’s greatest philanthropists. Having benefited greatly from a scholarship that enabled him to do his MBA, Mr. Schulich has built a well-earned reputation as a champion for education and access to education in Canada and around the world. The Schulich Foundation has endowed university faculties of business, engineering, medicine, law, education, music, chemistry, nursing and dentistry; libraries, dormitories, courtyards, medical health centers, lecture and music halls. Over 6,000 scholarships are awarded annually to students in Schulich Schools.
The Foundation’s largest initiative is the $200 million Schulich Leaders Scholarship Program, spanning 25 universities across Canada and Israel, in support of students pursuing STEM education.