Out of Province Student Assistance Programs

Out of Province Student Assistance Programs

If you are a student from outside Ontario, you may be eligible for loans and bursaries through your home province or territory. Your home province or territory is typically defined as the province in which your parents currently reside, or, if you are an independent applicant, the province in which you have most recently lived and worked for 12 consecutive months (excluding residence for full-time attendance at a post-secondary institution).

Find out more about government assistance from your home province by clicking the applicable link below:

Requesting a Payment Deferral

If you will be receiving funding from a Provincial Student Assistance Program (other than OSAP) and you intend to pay your tuition with these funds, you may be eligible to defer payment of your semester fees without incurring the late payment fee.

To set up a deferral as an out of province student please pay your required deposit by the due date and provide proof of your out of province loan approval by emailing it to financialassistance [at] mohawkcollege.ca (financialassistance[at]mohawkcollege[dot]ca). This will allow you to choose your timetable and defer the balance of your fees as outlined on your fee statement. You are responsible for any balance not paid by your out of province loan amounts.